Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PCV Dyno and custom mapping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

PCV Dyno and custom mapping Empty
PostSubject: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok so it turns out I probably can install the PCV in an 09 model and that the PC website maybe trying to get rid of the PC111's in stock.
Any way, spoke to the guys at BikeBiz Kwaka about install, dyno and custom mapping and throwing on the air kit while there at it.
They tell me will do the lot for $500 (not bad I thought) Which brings me back to servicing Evil or Very Mad if they can do all that for 500 (they say will take at least 3-4 hours) why then does it cost 300-350 for a service, I think we are being ripped off Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 am

Hey, I am sure that my service on the 900 did not cost that much. I get mine done at Alto Motorcycles in Chatswood. Might be an idea to give them a call and ask what they charge for a service based on the Km's.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 am

Will do thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 am

Reply from DynoJet re PCV on an older VN900 - received this from Tech Support via email.

"We are only officially supporting the install on the 09 and newer models. We have only tested the PC5 on 09 models. We have only tested the PC3 on the 08 and earlier models and that is the unit we support to put on your bike. We do not support any install of the PC5 on 08 and older bikes. Some units may retrofit back to older years but we are not doing any testing or supporting the install on 08 and older models.

Now, that being said. If it looks like it will plug in, then plug it in and start the bike. If the bike runs, then it will probably work fine."
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks for checking that out.
Now just have to work out how to plug it in exactly Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:57 am

Here you go, from the Power Commander website....

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/17-015/install/pcv/eng17-015.pdf

Biggish PDF, be patient, lot's of pictures on exactly how to install in the 900.

If you look at the PCV versus PCIII install guide it is identical except for an extra wire that the PCV has but there is still a place to connect on the older 900's.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV Dyno and custom mapping   PCV Dyno and custom mapping Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Dyno and custom mapping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: Idea Sharing Board: Questions and answers :: Bike Modification-
Jump to: