Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd Empty
PostSubject: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

Hi all,
Ed and the gang from NSWR are doing a ride to Jenolan caves on the 23rd. I am going to join ed on the ride and thought maybe some of you may want to come along as well.
I don't know the road they are taking but their rides are always well organised and I'm sure will be fun.
Anyone interested say so and will organise a meeting point somewhere Basketball
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:36 am

Sorry Stew I'm out of this one. I should be 1/2 way to longreach by then Very Happy

Aj
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Jenolan Caves Run   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:10 am

Please note, I'm a possibility Smile

I just have to check my schedule at home first Neutral
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 pm

It's my daughter's first birthday.

So, I can't come.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Update re Route / timings etc:

The Jenolan Caves loop.

Ride Route

It might be a bit of a gamble weather wise, but you gotta say it's been a very mild winter. This is one of my favourites. All the rides over the last couple of months have been twisties, blind corners, rock face on one side armco on the other. It's time for big open road sweepers lefts, rights, uphill, downhill, countryside that you can actually see.

For those that don't know these roads, trust me, they crap all over the Putty Road and Kangaroo Valley roads.

Date - Sunday 23rd August 2009
Meeting Point - McDonalds McGraths Hill
Meeting time - 9:00
Departure Time - 9:30

Route:

After a 9:30 start at McGraths Hill we will follow the Bells Line of Road, turning left at the Darling Causeway. After reaching the Great Western Highway we turn right, the left at Jenolan Caves Road, Duckmaloi Road to Oberon for lunch at the Royal Hotel

After lunch we will head to Jenolan Caves on Edith Road, back onto Jenolan Caves Road to the caves, up the other side and back on to Duckmaloi Road. This completes the loop. Then back home the same way or Great Western Highway, what ever pleases you.

Please have a full tank of fuel when you arrive at the start point.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 am

Ed wrote:
Update re Route / timings etc:

The Jenolan Caves loop.

Ride Route

It might be a bit of a gamble weather wise, but you gotta say it's been a very mild winter. This is one of my favourites. All the rides over the last couple of months have been twisties, blind corners, rock face on one side armco on the other. It's time for big open road sweepers lefts, rights, uphill, downhill, countryside that you can actually see.

For those that don't know these roads, trust me, they crap all over the Putty Road and Kangaroo Valley roads.

Date - Sunday 23rd August 2009
Meeting Point - McDonalds McGraths Hill
Meeting time - 9:00
Departure Time - 9:30

Route:

After a 9:30 start at McGraths Hill we will follow the Bells Line of Road, turning left at the Darling Causeway. After reaching the Great Western Highway we turn right, the left at Jenolan Caves Road, Duckmaloi Road to Oberon for lunch at the Royal Hotel

After lunch we will head to Jenolan Caves on Edith Road, back onto Jenolan Caves Road to the caves, up the other side and back on to Duckmaloi Road. This completes the loop. Then back home the same way or Great Western Highway, what ever pleases you.

Please have a full tank of fuel when you arrive at the start point.

Ed at this stage I'm in.
However, since I live in the mountains I will meet you guys at the corner of the Jenolan Caves turn off, just after the 90klm speed camera!
If your leaving Macca's at McGraths Hills at 9:30am, then I will be at the turn off at 10:30am!
See you all then
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 am

As i said today looks like my trip to Qld is off so hopefully i can now make this trip.
Will update later in the week

Aj
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:49 am

I'm in cheers
Hey Al remember it is a NSWR ride, if they leave Maccas at 9:30am they will be at the 90k turn off at 9:45 lol!
See you all at maccas.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:51 am

stew066 wrote:
I'm in cheers
Hey Al remember it is a NSWR ride, if they leave Maccas at 9:30am they will be at the 90k turn off at 9:45 lol!
See you all at maccas.

Probably earlier.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am

DALE9251 wrote:
Ed at this stage I'm in.
However, since I live in the mountains I will meet you guys at the corner of the Jenolan Caves turn off, just after the 90klm speed camera!
If your leaving Macca's at McGraths Hills at 9:30am, then I will be at the turn off at 10:30am!
See you all then

Do you mean Jenolan Caves Road? It's our first left after getting onto the Great Western Highway. Just wanted to be sure.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Ed wrote:
DALE9251 wrote:
Ed at this stage I'm in.
See you all then

Do you mean Jenolan Caves Road? It's our first left after getting onto the Great Western Highway. Just wanted to be sure.

Yes Ed, just at the bottom of Mt Victoria!

I will be there at 9:30am you won't miss me

See yo all then!
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:13 pm

We it was another well organised ride to Janolen today, started a Maccs, up bells line and on to Oberon for lunch. Don't know what happened at lunch but about 10ks down the road we had 3 come off. A Harley lost it on the gravel, next bike slowed to avoid and an R1 smashed into him.
It seems the guy on the Harley was in a bad way and air lifted I believe, both the other boys are fine but the R1 written off.
All in all another good ride with the guys from NSWR. Special thanks to Ed for being back marker I know Andy really appreciated it cheers
Wish all those hurt a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd   NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd Empty

Back to top Go down

NSW-R Ride - Jenolan caves LOOP Sunday 23rd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: General Talks :: Rides-
Jump to: