Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ride and BBQ with friends and family

Go down 
+3
DALE9251
aj1249
stew066
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aj1249

aj1249

Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Mr L8ter wrote:
hi Harry, I am doing the far ride up to the "far cairn" rally. Can you come with me and plot the way with your gps )=

Great idea mate, that way he could plot the most direct route and we'd still end up doing over 1000km

Aj
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Ok guys so whats happening with this, are we going to find another location, use this one or forget the idea?
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:26 pm

I am away working at Thursday island from 1 - 10 Oct.

I think it's still a good idea, just a bit hard with a little one.

What about in the city, like Lady Macquarie's Chair or something?

I don't have a place in my mind at the moment.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 am

Well the problem with the city I guess is all those which live up North or somewhere else.
Maybe it is a good idea but logistically very hard Question
How about Palm Bch, Harry just give the little one something to drink affraid
Still think is a good idea and happy to go wherever.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:32 am

Maybe somewhere in the Middle between Sydney and the coast as Adam has babies too.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:53 am

Ok how about this.
Everyone just bring a picture of their kids wives girlfriends, dogs, cats or whatever.

Then we all ride to a pub somewhere far away, b4 ordering lunch we just stick the photos of them up around the table.
This way they are all there without having the hassle of getting them there jocolor
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:13 am

Well Haryy ya need to train the little tike better, i am happy to travel wherever the group decides.
My girls regulary do 1-200k's in the BIG BUS lol and have been all the way to Townsville and back.
I just feel a decision needs to be made with plenty of notice thats all. And wherever we go there
will need to be lots of parking available, bbq area, and plenty of room for all the bigger kids ( me included )
to run around.

Now Marrickville to Raymond Terrace (sorry hunter boys just a guess at something central) is 173km
So 1/2 way is 86.5km which is roughly Gosford area. Harry maybe you should leave the bike at home with Tom
and drive up with your wife. If you sit with the little one and have bottles and food etc i'm sure the trip wont be
as bad as you may think.

My other suggestion would be Katoomba but again its 100km frm Marrickville so Harry the ball is in your court
If you really feel that a 100k trip is just too much then maybe yamala park at ryde. Plenty of area to play
bbq's and would give us northerners a nice ride down

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:11 pm

What about Wisemans Ferry. Great grounds, BBQ's. Scenic and a good ride to get there. Ok, no beaches. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 pm

The point is, we are going for a ride first and then we meet up with the girls and the kids at a half way home point.

So, if for example we go for a ride to the west, then we meet the girls for lunch anywhere like Lane Cove National Park or Ryde, or Ku-Ring-Gai National park or something. Right...?

Also,,,,, where are the rest of the members..? Are they only us 4 interested in joining...?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

Without a firm plan and date, ppl are non commital. Some input would be nice though.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Exactly...!

Ed, have you tried the gallery...?

Did you get my message..?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Not yet. Have been busy searching for new tyre suggestions and tydying up NSWR.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 am

How are you going with the tyre search Ed, i'm looking at getting the 880 metzlers but havnt sourced a price yet

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 am

aj1249 wrote:
How are you going with the tyre search Ed, i'm looking at getting the 880 metzlers but havnt sourced a price yet

Aj

I won't hijack this thread. See new thread in Servicing.
Back to top Go down
Mr L8ter

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi guys. Love the bbq and ride idea and we will are happy to go with the consensus. We are probably a bit luckier than most in that we will both come on the bike, but I can understand the concerns of the others.
I would like a reasonable ride for couple of hours or so then bbq or lunch & swim or whatever and then ride home.
Maybe as this is the first one for this club something closer to home for those that don't ride would be easier, like Lane Cove, Brooklyn or similar.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Lane Cove sounds great to me.

Although..... more people would be more fun........!!!???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride and BBQ with friends and family   Ride and BBQ with friends and family - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ride and BBQ with friends and family
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2