Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NSWR Husky ride

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey guys it is late notice, NSWR (Ed's) guys are doing the Husky ride this Sunday. I will be tagging along again as they are always good fun.

Details

Date: Sunday 27th September
Meet: McDonalds Heathcote
Meet time: 8:30
Depart time: 9:00

Route: Royal National Park, Ocean Road, Bulli Pass, Albion Park, the Kiama Bends, Berry, Nowra, Husky Pub for lunch, then head home via Kangaroo Valley, Macquarie Pass, then the highway home, maybe nasho if time permits.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks Stew

BTW, participation in NSWR rides indicates acceptance of and an understanding of the principles of safe group riding as outlined in the following link:

Ride Guidelines

Everyone is welcome.

Cheers

Ed
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:01 am

Anyone interested in joining me and a couple of others. I will be leaving the city corner of Riley and William St in the city at 8am.
Then heading to Heathcoate all welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 am

I have a group departing the Shell servo at Cremorne at 8:00 sharp. Located on Military Road diagonally across from MacDonalds. Travelling via the sydney harbour tunnel. Looking like a group ride of about 40 +. Huskisson is always popular and the return trip is a good route.

We may see you on the way Stew or we'll catch up at Heathcote.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 am

Ed wrote:
I have a group departing the Shell servo at Cremorne at 8:00 sharp. Located on Military Road diagonally across from MacDonalds. Travelling via the sydney harbour tunnel. Looking like a group ride of about 40 +. Huskisson is always popular and the return trip is a good route.

We may see you on the way Stew or we'll catch up at Heathcote.

Cheers

Ed, where is the second pick up point at Heathcote?.
Is it a McDonalds? if so what time?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 am

McDonalds Heathcote

We are departing from McDonalds Heathcote at 9:00. Click on the above link. I have added a detour to the Berry Wool Store . I want to check some wool seat pads for my Ayers Rock trip. Ok, so I'm a woose, but I like my comfort. The store is closed Sundays but is opening for us especially.

BTW, I used my pump this morning to adjust my pressures. Works great. I will have yours tomorrow for you.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Ed wrote:
McDonalds Heathcote

We are departing from McDonalds Heathcote at 9:00. Click on the above link. I have added a detour to the Berry Wool Store . I want to check some wool seat pads for my Ayers Rock trip. Ok, so I'm a woose, but I like my comfort. The store is closed Sundays but is opening for us especially.

BTW, I used my pump this morning to adjust my pressures. Works great. I will have yours tomorrow for you.

Ed, sorry, I can't make tomorrow Mad , A problem at work has developed that I must attend to No
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Ok mate, thanks for letting us know.

Next time.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 am

Well I would have to say that was some of the most extreme weather I have ever ridden in.
Good call I think pulling out after albion it was just getting to dangerous. Thanks Ed and Trevour another well organised ride just a shame about the weather.
It would have been great today hmmmmm maybe go home sick monkey
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:07 am

stew066 wrote:
Well I would have to say that was some of the most extreme weather I have ever ridden in.
Good call I think pulling out after albion it was just getting to dangerous. Thanks Ed and Trevour another well organised ride just a shame about the weather.
It would have been great today hmmmmm maybe go home sick monkey

Stew, no doubt you were referring to the wind?

The wind up in the mountains late yesterday afternoon was very heavy!
I could understand riding in those conditions would not be nice affraid
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:52 pm

The wind down south was horrible mate the worst I have ever ridden in or been in for that matter.
It was scary in some spots. It was really bad for the girls (and I mean females) riding small 250 getting blown all over the place.
Not something I would be running out to do again but good experience none the less.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 am

stew066 wrote:
The wind down south was horrible mate the worst I have ever ridden in or been in for that matter.
It was scary in some spots. It was really bad for the girls (and I mean females) riding small 250 getting blown all over the place.
Not something I would be running out to do again but good experience none the less.

Thanks Stew, sounds like it was a sensible decision to stop the ride Neutral
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

very sensible good call by Ed and the boys,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NSWR Husky ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSWR Husky ride   NSWR Husky ride Empty

Back to top Go down

NSWR Husky ride
Page 1 of 1