Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock

Go down 
+2
aj1249
stew066
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock Empty
PostSubject: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Ed,
I know I have said this already but have a great trip mate and stay safe!!!

I am very envious of you and this is something I would really like to be doing.
All the best, it's a long way cant wait to see the pics when you return cheers

BTW the radiator looked pretty cool, what have you done to it or is this special for the trip?
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 pm

All the best Ed, hope your journey is awesome. Keep the shiny side up and remember
all of us back home suffering from jealousy and dreaming of the day SVR rides together
to the red centre

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock Shirt%20pick%20up%20day%20at%20Hooters%20012

Thanks Stew

Unfortunately, the Hooters girl is not coming with me. The radiator guard was manufactured by OzzieMoto in Melbourne. Anodised red colour. I'll chat in more detail about the guard on my return.

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock Guard%20023
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Looks HOT!
The grill I mean lol!
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Good luck Ed. Ride hard but safe! We expect a lot of pictures along the way.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr L8ter

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Ed, Good luck from me also, stay safe
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Guys, all I can say is that everyone should put this trip on their list of rides to do. Averaged about 800 km a day, longest day being 965. Total kms 6008. 317 litres costing $471.00. Average fuel cost per litre $1.49. Most expensive fuel $1.90 PL at the Erldundra Road House.

Hotel accomodation was good. Roadhouse food needs to be improved. Was pulled over by SA police at 135, but they only cautioned us. They were good enough to let us take pics.

Didn't get to climb the rock due to high winds at the top and it was closed. Highlight was the chopper flight over the rock. Good pics from that. All pics from the trip can be seen at the links at the bottom of this post.

Hope to catch up on a ride soon.
Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%28549%29

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%28454%29

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%28501%29

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%28460%29

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%28485%29

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock 2009%20Uluru%20Trip%20%2870%29

Album one

Album two
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am

Awesome Ed I'm so jealous. Welcome back by the way, pics look great and now I'm itching to do the trip.
Must have been great out there on the open roads. Look forward to catching up soon
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Glad your both home safe Ed, the pics are awesome and i am extremly envious
since i missed my ride earlier this year. Now i want to replan my "missing trip" for
next year. Thanks for the inspiration and see you on a ride soon

Aj
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:44 am

Here I am at work reading about Ed's adventures and looking at his great picture album No Really glad for him Very Happy but really sad for me No
Green with envy Ed. Must do this one day.
Back to top Go down
Mr L8ter

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Ed, sounds like the mighty Vulcan performed as expected. Were you happy with the overall performance, comfort etc of the bike. How did it go compared to your mates BMW.
And where to next??
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:27 pm

As I said before this is a trip that everyone should consider. To me it was as important a pilgrimage as walking the kokoda Track and I have already done that.

Far from being a journey on roads that never seemed to stop, it was journey of ever changing scenery and environments. Particularly on the outskirts of places like Coober Pedy and Broken Hill etc.

You mentioned the performance of the VN vs the BMW. No comparison obviously but the VN did not disappoint. Yes, I often played catch up with Andre, but that was largely due to me not a) wishing to be booked and b) not wanting to miss any of this wonderful journey. It didn't miss a beat and it was driven hard, each and every day. The bike was very comfortable sitting at about 130, which was the max speed in a lot of areas in the NT. Having said that, if I were to ride around Australia (about 16,000 km) I would have a different bike, perhaps something like the new Honda Fury VT 1300 (see other thread).

I logged all of my fuel stops. One day I will put them into Google maps and prepare a map for future riders. Knowing where to expect fuel would be useful, particulary with tanks less than 20 litres.

I hope you enjoyed the pics. Want more details, just ask.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:03 am

Love the pics Ed, and that is very interesting feedback re performance I often think the Vn is a little on the small side but it is good to know its ok on the longer journeys. Will catch up on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock   Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock Empty

Back to top Go down

Good luck Ed on your trip to the rock
Page 1 of 1