Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RE GPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed

PostSubject: RE GPS   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Have ordered the Garmin Zumo 660. Not just for the navigation, but for fixed camera and safety camera warnings. I understand they will be rolling out another 200 safety cameras over the next two years and inroducing point to point speed radar for general motorists. ATM that technology is just used for trucks.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

PostSubject: Re: RE GPS   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:05 am

The 550 is an awesome unit so the 660 should be bette, good choice over the tom tom imho.
Expect to see a full write up once youve done a bit of testing mate!!

Aj
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: RE GPS   Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 am

Good luck with the Garmin Ed.
I have the Tom Tom Rider and I have no problem with it. I also have the speed camera and school zone warnings but after my initial experience I turn that function off when I am around town. Why ? There are so many cameras and zones that the damn alarm is almost constant! I have the GPS patched through to the Autocom and I also have an MP3 connected. Riding along, listening to my music and the bloody camera beep warning keeps interrupting! Started to drive me crazy. So now, in town, I am just careful to watch the speed signs and general traffic. Only turn on the camera warning alarm when I am out of town in unfamiliar territory.
With 200 more cameras around I bet that sooner rather than later the warning alarm will drive you barmey. Very Happy Good luck with it anyway mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: RE GPS   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Here is probably the best/complete review I have seen re the 660. Doesn't get a perfect report card, but at the end of the day, it will depend on users needs.

Introduction to the Garmin Zumo 660

From the above link, are links to these subsequent pages:

Physical Tour
Where To?
Using the zūmo 660
zūmo 660 Specifications
zūmo 550 vs. 660 Comparison
Bottom Line Ratings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE GPS   

Back to top Go down