Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:44 am

Harry

Kris and I plan on having NSWR affiliated with the Motorcycle Council of NSW.

Membership is open to all clubs, associations and ride groups but not to individuals. Each affiliated club has two delegate seats on the MCC. Membership is free and voluntary

They have a meeting on Monday night at Ryde. Rudi and I plan to be there and gather information. Does this sort of affiliation interest you and SVR? Any exposure you gain for SVR is good exposure.

But who are they ?

The Motorcycle Council of NSW Inc. (MCC of NSW) is an internationally recognised umbrella group for motorcycle clubs, associations and ride groups, in the state of New South Wales, Commonwealth of Australia.

Established in 1982, the MCC of NSW is the peak body for motorcycling in this state. It represents over 41 clubs, with more than 36,000 riders.

The MCC of NSW Committee includes: Scott (Chairman), Rob (Vice Chairman), Ray (Treasurer), Christine (Secretary), Brian (Chair of Road Safety), Bruce, Guy, John & Steve (General Committee).

What do we do for you?

We lobby locally, nationally and internationally for motorcycle riders' rights. We promote motorcycling and the interests of motorcyclists.

Some issues include:

Road safety
Legislation
Crash barriers
Parking
Tolling
Exhaust Labelling
CTP Insurance
How does the MCC work?

The MCC is run along democratic lines. Member clubs raise issues from their own meetings via their delegates. These items are placed on the agenda of the MCC. The decision on whether an issue will be taken up or not is determined by a vote of the delegates.

Next meeting to be held Monday 7:30pm, April 12th, 2010.

Normally, first Monday of the month, but not on a Public Holiday Monday, so it moves forward to the second Monday

Meeting Venue

Meetings are conducted at Ryde Ex-Services Club (Bowling club rooms)

724 Victoria Rd, Ryde, NSW 2112

(02) 9807 3599
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

I would like to know how it went Ed.
That would be something I would be interested in doing.
What do you think Harry?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

It was an interesting meeting with a lot of issues covered. NSWR will affiliate. Essentially, it is volunteer driven. Will keep you informed as we progress with it.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks Ed would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Stew, you are very welcome to join me next time (if family issues allow). We could meet for dinner at the club first if it suited. That goes for you as well Harry if you were just curious about MCC.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Sounds good Ed. Everything will be ok by then I'm sure
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Meetings are 1st Monday of each month unless a public holiday when it carries to the next week. Will catch up with you closer to the time, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with   Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with Empty

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Council of NSW - Affiliation with
Page 1 of 1