Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread

Go down 
+5
MrKruser
Pirtek888
stew066
aj1249
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Empty
PostSubject: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 am

[
View Larger Map]

Rudi first brought the hotel at Nindigully to my attention a while ago and I have posted this at NSWR also. No date has been decided. The hotel boasts having Australias Biggest commercial hamburger:

The Biggest Hamburger

More details may be seen @ the following site:

Pub Menu etc

From Berowra, it is about 760 km via the Kamilaroi Highway.

I believe it would be a doable ride over two days overnighting at Nindigully.

If there is any interest in doing the ride, please post up.

This would be good practice for the next far Rider event.

Last edited by Ed on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 am

Its a great spot up there Ed, the Akron and FarRide crews are doing an overnighter there on july 10 & 11 2010
I should be attending this so will post up my thoughts after this date

Aj

Great welcoming commitee
Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Nindigullypub1
Warm and friendly bar area
Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Nindigullypub2
Burger fit for a FAT king
Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Nindigullypub3
or just relax by the pool
Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Nindigullypub4
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 am

Look forward to hearing reports.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:39 pm

I would be up for this Ed sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Definitely interested, depending on date and my work roster. Went to Moree a few weeks back. Nice country out that way.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:59 am

Sounds like fun.

I'd like to come then I will turn to Brisbane to see my family.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:22 am

I will consider this ride however over two days maybe a bit full on for old bones
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:13 pm

When are we do doing this one???? bounce
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am

The more I think and talk about this trip the more I want to go however will need to do some maintenance beforehand. I need a new rear tyre and possibly battery. Would probably go with Harry and anyone else back via Brisbane. As far as dates go what do poeple have in mind. I can tell you it is bloody cold in New England this time of year as I go up there regularly. Could we wait until September. What is everyone thinking?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:04 pm

How does a 3 day road cruise sound. Depart Saturday 25th September 2010. That's the start of the school holidays. It's not DD. Thoughts appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:11 am

The 25th is a good date for me so far. Anytime around there you can count me in. So will take off the week 27th until 1st Oct and go for ride. what are others thoughts.

Dave
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 am

I have a gig that date.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 pm

25th should be good for me too. Will be looking at just doing the 3 day ride though
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:14 am

Perhaps the QLD members could join us there.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:37 am

So what's the plan?

Start Saturday 25th Sept.

Options:

Overnight somewhere between Sydney and Nindigully, Tamworth maybe, arrive Nindigully on the Sunday, overnight at Nindigully and then a day trip back to Sydney on the Monday

Drive all the way to Nindigully on the Saturday. Overnight Saturday at Nindigully departing after lunch on the Sunday, staying at somewhere like Tamworth which is 467 km away.

Any other ideas/options?
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 am

I like the stay overnight option in Ningi
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Stew, both scenarios offer a night in Nindigully. Just depends whether you want to travel all the way on the Saturday or on the return trip.

I guess the question is are people ok with doing the 700 + km in a day. If not it turns it into a 4 day trip.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm good for 700. Depends on others, maybe a 4 day trip would be ok also. wouldn't mind having a beer or 2 up there Smile
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:55 pm

im not keen on 7ookms in 1 hit but 4 day trip sounds good
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Not sure if I can make the 25 September departure. As it happens, I have two weeks leave for the school holidays but Louise and I have promised our youngest daughter a trip to Fiji during the holidays. Not yet booked, so not sure when we are actually departing. Just plan whatever suits the majority and I'll fit in if I can. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 am

Ok, although I was looking forward to the 'pressure' of long day rides ie over two days, I'm ok with it being four days. Suggested itinerary would be:

Day 1. Depart from Mobil Berowra at 9:00. Travel via freeway to and stay overnight at Tamworth, a distance of 352 km.

Day 2. Ride to Nindigully Pub and stay overnight, a distance of 467 km.

Day 3. From Nindigully, travel (via Lightning Ridge) to and stay overnight at Gilgandra, a distance of 521 km.

Day 4. From Gilgandra travel to Sydney, a distance of 486 km.

If we delete Lightning Ridge from day three, it saves about 70 km. Please feel free to suggest changes to overnight stops, route etc. I chose the return route via Lightning Ridge etc to vary the route travelled and to travel to places I haven't been to before.

Total km

With Lightning Ridge - 1827 km

Without Lightning Ridge -

Larger Map

Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Sounds ok Ed. As I said I'm ok with the long distances.....maybe extend day one a little Tamworth seems a little short how would say 500 on day one sound then a shorter ride day 2. All good for the rest of it. Happy to fit in with what ever though really, just happy to get out and ride cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok, it's a work in progress, so we'll keep striving to get a good route planned. How's this:

Saturday Day 1 (472 km).

Depart from Mobil Berowra at 9:00. Travel via freeway to and stay overnight at Narrabri, a distance of 472km. Give Tamworth a miss.

Sunday Day 2 (294 km).

Ride to Nindigully Pub and stay overnight, a distance of 294 km. Aside from allowing a late start if we wish, this leaves heaps of time for a big hamburger and a few beers.

Monday Day 3 (521 km).

From Nindigully, travel (with a lunch stop at Lightning Ridge) to and stay overnight at Gilgandra, a distance of 521 km.

Tuesday Day 4 (469 km).

From Gilgandra travel to Bathurst for a lap of Mt Panarama, a distance of 269 km. Lunch at either the Kelso Hotel or Mt Victoria Hotel. From Bathurst, make our way home to Sydney, approximately 200 km.

Changes

Miss out on Tamworth
Stay at Narrabri instead of Tamworth
Return home via Bathurst

Please feel free to suggest more changes to overnight stops, route etc. I chose the return route via Lightning Ridge etc to vary the route travelled and to travel to places I haven't been to before.

Total km - 1,756

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 am

Yes I agree with Stew. The latest option to Narrabri day one sounds good and then on to Nindigully next day. I will probably come back via Brisbane and down the Pacific Hwy as will see some friends and family there. lets talk when next meet

Dave
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:30 am

Thanks Dave, Rudy plans on travelling on to Brisbane as well. Seems like we have a 'plan' then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next