Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bike Servicing

Go down 
+6
mark1963
Ed
DALE9251
aj1249
MrKruser
stew066
10 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 am

Hey all,
Can people please tell me what they usually spend getting there bike serviced?
Or does anyone know who is good in Sydney.
I have been going to kawa bike biz but they seem to be expensive and not overly happy with end result.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:35 pm

I bought my bike at Flywheels in Alexandria.

They are pretty good.

Call them and compare prices, tell them that you are my mate.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Kruser wrote:
tell them that you are my mate.

what so they actually think you have a mate lol!

Aj
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 am

It's called recommendation..... so next time I go, they charge me 50%.... LOL....!!!
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:17 am

Please note, I very recently have my VN1600 Classic serviced for it's second service at a Western Sydney bike shop for it's second service ( ie 6000 kilometre, warranty service ) the cost was $450.00, which seems a little high to me Question

Regards
Dale9251
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySat May 30, 2009 5:56 am

Hi Dale,
I had 6k service done a bike biz granville for 350 which I still think is pricey given they are not really doing much at all
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:24 am

Just had my 6,000 done on the VN900 at SCM last week. Cost $375.00. I consider it expensive and at every 6,000 (recommended intervals) they come around pretty quick with all these group rides taking place. Aside from a lack of knowledge, I don't have the time or inclination to do the work myself, so what can you do. At the end of the daym all I want to know is that my bike is absolutely roadworthy.

Had to replace my RHS rider footpeg/footbrake bracket the other day. Cost $245. Installed it myself. Looks easy enough. Remove 4 bolts and swap over. More fiddly than that but did good. If you have to do it yourself just ask and I'll help.

Ed
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:13 am

Agree Ed it does seem to come around quick, although would rather be riding then not Laughing and also like to know bike is very road worthy. On chaning things that is good to know you have done the pegs. We are building up some knowledge now I think Harry has pulled the pipes on and off a couple of times now and has also installed the barons air kit. My next thing will probably be the barons kit and power commander, which should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
mark1963

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:28 pm

if i may sujest team moto on sunnyholt road blacktown they service my vn and fjr they are a great bunch of blokes and do nice work aswell
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:11 am

Greetings All
Been a long time coming but I had my 1600 Nomad "Major Serviced" the other day at Sydney City at Kogarah.
Dont know if it was good price or not but after the accident I needed to have it completely checked over. Only done a few ks since but seems a lot better . The cost around > $800 included new rear pads so ---money made round to go round--
and believe money well spent .
I realise this valuable and useless info may help absolutely nobody but there you go.
Cheers for now Len
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Len,
It is very interesting actually.

I have now come to think most if not all bike shops are a rip off.
The only thing you can really hope is leaving feeling like they have at least changed the oil.

My recent trip to Bike Biz (Kawa on Parra road). I had them do the normal service and then put a new front fluid tank on for me as I didn't want to bleed the brakes myself.
Anyway they did a really crap job!!!!! Did not do the bolt up properly so it nearly fell off on the way home, did not screw the top on properly so no good seal.
Had to redo it myself when I got home.

Charged me $400 for this and a service. So price was ok shame everything fell apart.
Stupid me I guess as I have NEVER had a good experience there but have continued to go back. (only because they just down the road).

Let me also say the sales side is very good the guys in there are great always happy to help or let me take bikes out for a spin (with no minder).

UNFORTUNATELY let down by the absolute SHITHOUSE service department.

Rant complete Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 am

Stew, I find that most dealerships are setup the same

Front of shop - Sales - Usually good to very good

Rear of shop - Service & Parts - Bend over and take it like a man! Especially if u bought the bike from there!
This is where 98% of dealerships money is made. They pay low wages, which gets shit staff and even gives the staff the shits
so they couldnt give a fuck about you or your bike!

If its something I wont or cant do myself, I use private m/c workshops, up here we have a number of good shops like Motofix and
Gosford Motorcycles. Both I have used with great satisfaction for both service quality and price, the 1 downside is they can take a
day or so longer to do some repairs as they have to source parts.

So save money and do it yaself, most things really arn't that hard, we just get a bit lazy, well I know I do lol!

Aj
Back to top Go down
Peter650

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 am

If you buy a brand new bike. Then take it to the dealer, for every service. How long will it take ,for you to spend, the same $$$ as a motor rebuild. I would never let anyone work on my bike {i won't even let them fit tyres, i take them home, & do them myself}. Doing this i don't get the 2 year warranty, but i get peace of mind, that my wheel is not going to fall off. My 2 cents on oil, for what it's worth. Caltex delo 400 works great in wet clutch motors { not the fancy one just the straight Delo 400}. It's cheap, so i change it every 3000ks. With other bikes, that i have owned. We hold tec days. Where we meet, work on our bikes, drink beer, & talk BS.
Back to top Go down
fender59

fender59

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 pm

ohhhhh yes bike servicing ....we put our trust and lives in their hands ...just like doctors and
lawyers.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Hahaha Fender very true.
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Guys,
This week,I have decided to catch up on the maintenance on my pre loved 2007 VN900 Classic.
When I bought the bike,I had no full service history and 46000k's on it. The only history I have is a simple oil and filter change each year in February Last year and the year before.
So yesterday I checked the valve clearances and simply followed a couple of videoos on you tube to make it easier.
Iam a Brake Mechanic by trade and now a Forklift Tech. So Iam a little mechanically minded.
The valve adjustment was pretty much as per the videos and at times I got worried,But it is all good now.
I went to Bike-Biz Granville to buy the needed shims.(although, I asked for their advice. They took my word for what I thought I wanted without looking at my figures I presented to them) I even gave them the exact part numbers based on another website.
I also grabbed a 4lt bottle of Motul Semi synthetic oil plus a new sump plug washer and oil filter and also 2 new spark plugs. The whole lot of parts costed $110.00 ($30.00 for 2x shims)
I will do the oil change tomorrow after work.
My belief is that it is good to use a proper workshop maybe once a year to get the full inspection and maybe oil change,But Some of the work such as an oil and filter change could be done at home for a cost of around $80.00 and half hour of your time.....I like to allow a couple of hours and just relax while I check over for loose bolts and screws etc.
I might also have a beer while doing it,But no more for obvious reasons.
Last week I had a new front tyre fitted and only found out once I got home again that they fitted the tyre the wrong way round on the rim.So then I had to return there the next day to have it sorted out. (MCAS Auburnn)
Regards Jason Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike Servicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Servicing   Bike Servicing Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike Servicing
Page 1 of 1