Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully

Go down 
+5
aj1249
Dave
stew066
Baiazid
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:13 am

Hi Len

Departure Date: Saturday 25th September
Destination: Nindigully Pub
Meeting Place: Mobil Berowra
Meeting Time: 8:00
Departure Time: 8:30

Attendees so far are:

Ed
Mick
Cristina
Rudy
Norm
Sue-Anne
Stew
Dave
Quakka
Nathan
and possibly Matt (VFR & Kim)

We have booked 2 cabins that sleeps up to 12. So atm we are good for Tamworth.

If you are returning via Bathurst etc, please let me know so we can consider accommodation for the Monday night.

And Len, the trailer is fine. Do you have room for any more luggage? I'm fine but I thought I'd ask on behalf of others. I'm not sure what pace you will keep with the trailer. Do you mind playing catch up now and then. I'll have maps etc handed out.
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:41 am

Hey Ed, Nathan from your list is Menace?

If so, that is so cool
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:50 am

No Mick, it is a new member, he has been on one ride. He's cool.
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 am

Thanx Ed
I believe a little extra luggage should not be a problem however I need to collect some things at Moree to bring back home with me regardless of my return journey and cannot guarantee to carry xtra home as well .
Trying to go mid coast Qld and Brisvegas but frightened attack of the guilts may get to me where I should be home working on the house. So at Berowra we will see how the others are going and if I can help we are laghing.
I also will have small stove etc for morning tea or whatever should you decide to stop outta town and save money that way . BUT may only have one cup and utensils etc so if each rider at least carries their own cup, then we can stop for a cuppa when we want.
Sorry but cannot tell you for sure abt Bathurst but will have tent etc as standby so best not to book me in anywhere at this stage
I also do not mind playing tail end Charlie if need be
I am at Narwee and will probably fill at Roberts Rd servo abt 7am for nay body coming from the outskirts of downtown Hurstville ara or around .Usually around 50 mins to Berowra.
Sorry Ed if some of this is vague however you haven't met me yet, then you'll realise nothing unusual
Cheers for now Len
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 am

Given Daves family contacts in Tamworth, he has been good enough to offer to procure some salads, rolls, meat etc for the Saturday BBQ. Say $10 a head. Thanks Dave. I spoke with the Tamworth accomodation folk and they said our use of the BBQ is fine.

I'm sure I will have room to carry a nice bottle of port for Saturday evening to share.
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:51 am

Geez Ed I am sure I could carry the port or even two bottles in the trailer---even leave the tent at home if I had to !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 am

Ed wrote:
Given Daves family contacts in Tamworth, he has been good enough to offer to procure some salads, rolls, meat etc for the Saturday BBQ. Say $10 a head. Thanks Dave. I spoke with the Tamworth accomodation folk and they said our use of the BBQ is fine.

I'm sure I will have room to carry a nice bottle of port for Saturday evening to share.

I could bring some Picanha

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Iy030410

Sausage rolls usually have 40% meat. I am worried about the remaining of 60% What a Face
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 am

Well guys, soon you will all be off riding in some beautiful weather (so ive been told by the weatherman) please enjoy yourselves and spare a thought for us poor soles unable to join you all. Just remember to take lots of pics and have a great bloody time cause if yas dont i will be forced to kill you all on our next ride lol!

Shiny side up guys and girls

Aj
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Bad news people. The boss (work boss) has told me I cant take the time off as we need to complete a number of projects and there are a number of other people already off for the school holidays.
I'm sorry for any problems this may cause. Ha I should have just gone and found another job. Sorry again I was looking forward to the ride as well. Hope you have fun!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:21 am

Darn . thats a shame Stew. not to worry mate will catch you on the next one

Dave

Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:12 pm

yeah I'm gutted actually could really do with a brake from work at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry to hear that Stew. What about doing an overnighter to Tamworth. Nathan is doing that and you could return to Sydney with him on the Sunday. Anyone else is also welcome to do the trip to Tamworth only.

The following people are coming. There are still a few spots/beds available at Tamworth if anyone wanted to join us for a weekend trip to the Nabiac Bike Museum and then overnight at Tamworth. Please post up if you are interested.

Ed (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Mick (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Cristina (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Rudy (Tamworth/Nindy only)
Norm (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Sue-Anne (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Dave (Vulcan roiders) (Nindy)
Quakka/Len (Tamworth/Nindy)
Nathan/Toadsmoker (Tamworth only)
and possibly Matt (VFR & Kim)

Departure Date: Saturday 25th September
Destination: Nindigully Pub
Duration: 4 Days
Distance: Approximately 2,000km
Meeting Place: Mobil Berowra
Meeting Time: 8:00
Departure Time: 8:30

Last edited by Ed on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Dave, re numbers for the BBQ at Tamworth, can you please allow for say 9 people. Tks.

Len, will you be staying with us at Tamworth at the Tourist Park. About $30 for the night.

Last edited by Ed on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:02 am

Yes Ed
I will be staying at Tamworth with all, Sat Night and the pub at Nindi for the Sunday night and then who knows ,, have been thinking to ride back to Gilgandra way with the group and head back down to Singleton reaching Sydney Monday night .
Anybody ridden that road and any thouhghts.
The hiccup is that I would be coming back to Sydney for Tuesday then heading off for points north on Wednesday. Seems that I am already up there and the sensible thing would be to just travel north after Nindi. But how many times have I been sensible I could count on one hand.
After having written all that I think I will be travelling straight on from Nindi so do not worry about Accomm for me at Bathurst.
Looking forward to meeting and the trip ---- packing this arvo.
Cheers for now
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 pm

What more can I say. Four days of joy and fun.

We were joined by Rudy, Mick and Cristina, Nathan (Toadsmoker from NSWR), Norm and Sue-Anne from NSWR, Dave (Vulcan Riders), Len (Vulcan Riders) and myself.

Day one was a trip via the freeway from Berowra to Nabiac Bike Museum. Awesome and substantial display of old and not so old bikes. If you haven't been, then you should put a trip there on your list. The $12.00 is worth it. From Nabiac we travelled via Thunderbolts Way to Tamworth. That evening Dave had arranged with his sister and brother in law to put on a BBQ at the motel. A great evening. Mick supported the evening by bringing along some wonderful pieces of beef for the BBQ.

On Sunday morning we were greeted with the sad news that Norm and Sue-Anne were returning home for family reasons.

From Tamworth we headed to Barraba where we joined up with Daves family for some country hospitality. Dave, please be sure to thank Wendy for everything they did for us at Tamworth and at their home in Barraba. It made the weekend extra special.

There were a few dramas on the way to Nindy. We came across some road closures due to flooding and had some huge detours and decisions to make. We decided (or had no choice, I'm not sure) to take a 26 km detour on a dirt road which was also subject to some flooding, albeit minimal. I wish we had Cybagirl Productions along with us for it would have made good video. I had one long moment on the VN when I took what looked like a firm surface. It wasn't. For a good 30 metres I was fishtailing it half the width of the road and still can't understand why I didn't drop it. Just as well I had new tyres. Everyone had their own moments and Mick's BMW (and Mick) didn't like the goings at all.

We didn't arrive at Nindy till 8:00 that evening due to the detours (and late start etc). I phoned the pub to say that we would be there about 8:00 and to save a Nindy Burger for us. That was a timely call as the burger took over an hour to cook and as it turned out, the burger was ready moments after we got there. The night ride there was a drama also. Aside from the risk of wildlife, occasionally you would come across a flooded causeway. Kept us alert anyway.

After the burger, we got into the drinks and had a great time. We took the traditional photo of everyone behind the bar. We met a guy called John, who was a roadie who looked for work from anyone who would have him. A true Aussie with a good sense of humour and a great guy.

Finished the evening off with a few rounds of black Sambuca and called it a night.

Monday saw a parting of ways. Len, Dave and Rudy headed north and Mick, Cristina Nathan and myself first head north to St George for fuel and brekky and then travelled towards Lightning Ridge and onwards to Dubbo where we stayed the night. Travelled via the Newell Highway, which is long, mostly boring, but a wonderful landscape dotted with green fields mixed with fields of wonderful Canola flowers. This country provides some wonderful opportunities to meet some great people and travel some wonderful roads. If you haven't ventured beyond Bathurst, Wollongong or Denman, you really should make an effort to put some km under your belt.

I forgot to mention that Rudy missed the Nabiac Museum and the first leg of the journey as he had work commitments. He travelled alone, leaving Sydney at 4:00pm and arriving at Tamworth just after 9:00. A huge effort and demonstration of commitment. It does of course mean he still wants to see the museum at Nabiac so expect to see that ride being planned soon.

Mick, Cristina, Nathan and myself stayed at Dubbo Monday night. Returned via Mudgee, then Bells Line of Road to North Richmond where we departed ways. That road is awesome BTW and one worth doing. Perhaps a weekender to Dubbo or Mudgee should be had.

All in all, it was a great adventure with some great people and it should become an annual event. Having said that, the Nabiac Museum should be a separate event due to the distance and time constraints involved with the overall trip. Road closures didn't help.

To those that didn't come, you missed a wonderful ride. We hope you can join us on the next one.

BTW, the Nindigully Road Train Burger was great. Next time I'll order the steak.

If I missed anything, attendees might like to fill in the details. It all seems a bit of a blur ATM.

Last edited by Ed on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Nindigully%20Pub%20%20%26%20Nabiac%20Bike%20Museum%202010%20164

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Nindigully%20Pub%20%20%26%20Nabiac%20Bike%20Museum%202010%20157

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Nindigully%20Pub%20%20%26%20Nabiac%20Bike%20Museum%202010%20246

Mick, that is NOT a Nindy Road Train Burger.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:49 am

looks like a good time was had by all who had the road train burger
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm

what can I say?

IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 pm

roddy27 wrote:
looks like a good time was had by all who had the road train burger

I'd like to say we had one each, but it was shared with the six of us. Len had something else. Next year, I'll have the 2kg steak.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks for the pics Ed, but come on the rest of you wheres the bloody ride reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:25 pm

aj1249 wrote:
Thanks for the pics Ed, but come on the rest of you wheres the bloody ride reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scratch

I am lazy Laughing

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/baiazid/BurgerTrip#
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:20 pm

AJ, did you see my write up on page two of this thread?
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Cant stress enough how pissed I am had to miss this trip. Looks like a great adventure Ed. wont be missing the next one.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Sure did Ed I guess I'm just hoping some of the other members will become a little more active after this ride thats all mate, your efforts are always appreciated

Aj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next