Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan Empty
PostSubject: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi,

Has anyone instaled cigarette lighter socket on a Vulcan?

If yes, where do you mount it and how do you connect it to the battery?

Would you please put it here so everyone can see, thanks. Pictures would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:14 pm

I will do it soon Harry. One thought is to put it in the tool box and carry tools in the pannier bags or handle bar bags etc. It should be connected to the electrical system and not direct to battery to avoid inadvertent battery drain. When directing your leads from the charger, place them in such a way that they can be replaced if needed.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

I have it booked in to do on the 12th March. I'm thinking I'll put the charger in the tool box under the seat and put the tools either in my panier bags when I get them or in a handle bar bag. Try and come on the 15th to Moss vale and check how it turned out.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 8:44 am

I just realised that Peter has a few accesories on his bike, including the CD player, GPS and stuff. So, he will know about this and maybe I will look at his bike and see how he does it.

It's being repaired, so he should be on the road with us again soon.

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Nomad

PostSubject: Cigarette Lighter   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

I have connect a cigarette lighter socket to my bike. I connected it through the headlight - there are 2 spare wires there.
I used a marine socket from BCF, as it is all stainless steel and has a rubber stopper to keep the rain out.
I made a bracket for it to fit into and then bolted it to my windscreen. It is great for charging IPods and phones also GPS's.

Check out this website, it is full of usefull information on fixing your bike:

www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

Nomad
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Nomad,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

When I see your bike I would love to have a look physically and I will install on mine for sure.

Buying a GPS for my car was one of the best decision I have ever made. It made my life soooooo..... much easier, even though I bought it 3 years ago when they were really expensive.

I can already imagine how good it would be having one on the bike as well.

We'll keep you posted.

See you soon,

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Had the charger installed yesterday. As I said I had it wired to the electrical system (spare light lead or blinker lead I believe). Sits inside the tool box tray with a small cut in the plastic tray to allow the leads to enter/exit. Threaded the phone charger lead below the tank up to the handle bar where it is cabled tied to others.

Panniers fitted Thursday. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan   Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan Empty

Back to top Go down

Cigarette Lighter Socket on Vulcan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: Idea Sharing Board: Questions and answers :: Bike Modification-
Jump to: