Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 Empty
PostSubject: Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4   Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:15 am

Hi all,
Short notice I know, but I have decided to ride down the Great Ocean road. If anyone wants to join the route will probably go down the coast to melb but might stop somewhere on the way. Then from Melbourne port fairy stop there as well. Then back not sure what way yet. Probably looking at a 5 to 7 day ride maybe more Smile if anyone is up for it PM me.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4   Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 am

You serious Stew, I just got back last night from a 4 day trip there with a few NSW'Rs. Excellent trip. Day one got us to Lakes Entrance, visited family day two and met the others at Footscray. Day three GOR and rode back yesterday via the Hume.

I did try an all night ride home Friday night, but after 400 km (at about 11:30 pm) decided I was too tired and found a motel. Rule 1 - get home safe.

Be careful of speed cameras. They are everywhere with no signs to warn you. At Cape Otway lighthouse, you will come across dozens of wild Koalas within trees along the road to the lighthouse. If you go there, they are after the first steel road grate.

I will try and post pics soon.

Questions, just ask.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4   Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 am

Hi Ed,
Bugger. I went down only to Eden the first night as bad weather, then melbourne, GOR to Portland, Hay and then back on the Hume. I didn't see any speed cameras Sad very worried now!!!! Were there many on the GOR, cause I may have been going a little quick in some areas......
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4   Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 am

On GOR, I saw at least 4 mobile cameras, once again, no signs like we have. Rudi got cauight on the last trip. The trick is to open the mail first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4   Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Ocean road Jan 3 or 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: General Talks :: Rides-
Jump to: