Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gday Guys

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter650

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 am

Hello everyone. I have a KLR650, but i am thinking about buying a new Vulcan {Nomad or Voyager}. While searching the net, for info on the Vulcan, i found this site, & now a Vulcan has gone from a want, to a need Smile. Can i ask has Kawasaki fixed the POG on the new Vulcans? I hope to be able to post up, in the ride section, when i get my Vulcan. Cheers Peter
Back to top Go down
Peter650

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 am

Just a bit of a update. I went to the Kawasaki dealer today, & had a sit on a few Vulcans. I didn't relize how big the 1700s are {i am a short arse}. I go away camping, riding down dirt roads, might be better off with a 900.
Back to top Go down
Peter650

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:35 am

Earth to Sydney Vulcan Riders is there anyone out there lol!
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Sorry Pete, welcome to SVR mate, its been pretty quiet in here lately but as the weather picks
up so will the action and the rides mate

Aj
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Peter,
Welcome to the site.
There will be a huge difference in both bikes. If you are planning on doing a lot of touring I would go bigger than the 900.
Its a great bike but I think you are going to find you need a little more power on long trips.Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Peter650

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Gday AJ & Stew soon as i get my Vulcan i start posting up some day rides. Cheers Peter
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 am

hi peter i just bought the new nomad 1700 and love it but it is heavy. very heavy

Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:47 am

I have the 900 classic, and have done many 1000km days 2up (about 190kg combined) plus a weekends worth of luguage.
Being a good boy sitting on or close to the speed limit i get around 360-380km per tank. My bike has a large touring screen fitted
which doesnt help economy either. The bike never struggles in this combo but i would like to fit the sccotworks rear pulley mod
to reduce the hwy revs a bit. The stock seats are pathetic and a must change, a mustang wide touring seat is prob the best either
with or without the riders backrest.

Oh and i have taken the bugger down many dirt roads and as long as u watch your speed it handles rather well.

Aj
Back to top Go down
Peter650

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am

Watagans SF, Buckety, ST Albans, River road, Sackville road, then over the Berowra ferry, up onto the Old Road, then back to Wyong. Not a bad Loop ride AJ.
Gday Roddy If i was 6 inches bigger & had a extra 10 grand i would luv a 1700. Cheers Peter.
Back to top Go down
fender59

fender59

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi peter ...what its worth ...i ride a vn900 custom ...they are nice and light to ride around the city
great for day rides and if you stick to the speed limit it has more enough power you need even with
two up ......but must admit when i do long trips would of loved to have bigger bike on
the open roads as the vn900 feels like it needs another gear (pulley change would be better ) after
seen roddys new bike that would be perfect ....i guess you have to work out what sort of riding you will do most ....i love the vn 900 custom great bike for coffee shop too coffee shop and the girls love it .... Very Happy hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gday Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gday Guys   Gday Guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Gday Guys
Page 1 of 1