Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria

Go down 
+5
stew066
The Cheese
MrKruser
DALE9251
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Where shall we ride to on Sunday 12th July ?
I would prefer Mt Victoria via bells line of road:
Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
I would prefer a Gosford ride via OPH:
Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 am

I just spoke to Lyall and he said he is coming too.

It should be fun having more people on the road. Awesome...!
Back to top Go down
FBMike

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Looks like it could be a good day - I will try and be there.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:55 am

That would be great.

See you there.
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Pirtek888 wrote:
At this stage I look OK for 12 July. I'll work hard on the brownie points. I am away for 3 days the previous weekend, so I'll have to play my cards right to get a favourable leave pass again the following Sunday. Sounds great. Let's hope the weather comes good!

Ian

OK, I lied ........ Crying or Very sad Boss now has other ideas and I have to work this Sunday Mad No way out of it at this stage. Team mates are sick and it's down to me to keep the place running. Unless a miracle cure arrives, I'll be doing a 12hr dayshift on Sunday while you troops are cruising the country side. If there is any chance to be there then I'll come, but at this stage it does not look too good. No
Have fun without me chaps !! Given that I had last weekend off to travel to the Granite Gnome, my number is up this week.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:15 am

That's a shame. Next time then.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 am

Thats a shame pirtek.
Anyone know how the weather is looking?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:17 am

Sunday:

Chance of a shower or two.

City: Min: 9 Max: 19

West: Min: 7 Max: 19
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:22 am

Some ppl are wary of the expected cold on the mountains for Sunday.

So as an idea, thought I'd suggest this:

The Honda Riders Club of Australia and Westerm Motorcycles Penrith have a ride from Penrith to Gosford for lunch via Wisemans Ferry.

There will be a photographer on the OPH after say 10:00. What about we commence a late ride from from the Mobil Berowra, travel via the OPH to join up with the HRCA crew at Gosford for lunch. I know most of them.

We could take the opportunity to have some photos taken on the OPH. The guys name is Richard and samples of his photography can be seen at:

www.evolvingphotos.com.au

Would be good to have some good action shots of the cruisers.

With a number of rides on offer, it gets confusing. As a few have said Mt Vic will be too cold, I thought I would at least suggest the above to you as an idea.

Can you let me know what you think by posting a reply and please complete the poll.

Last edited by Ed on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding poll)
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 am

I will be up for this one, weather permitting of course.
Looks like it might be wet but at this stage I'm in.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Gosford   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 am

Ed wrote:
Some ppl are wary of the expected cold on the mountains for Sunday.

So as an idea, thought I'd suggest this:

The Honda Riders Club of Australia and Westerm Motorcycles Penrith have a ride from Penrith to Gosford for lunch via Wisemans Ferry.

There will be a photographer on the OPH after say 10:00. What about we commence a late ride from from the Mobil Berowra, travel via the OPH to join up with the HRCA crew at Gosford for lunch. I know most of them.

We could take the opportunity to have some photos taken on the OPH. The guys name is Richard and samples of his photography can be seen at:

www.evolvingphotos.com.au

Would be good to have some good action shots of the cruisers.

With a number of rides on offer, it gets confusing. As a few have said Mt Vic will be too cold, I thought I would at least suggest the above to you as an idea.

Can you let me know what you think by posting a reply and please complete the poll.

Ed at what time are you suggesting that we meet at the Mobil at Berowra, if all decide to go Goasford at meet up with HRCA crew for lunch?

Not to mention that I live in the mountains so Penrith is just down the road ( well kind off ) I could leave from Penrith myself and meet up with all the other guys!
What time and place are they leaving from Penrith?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Dale

Details of the ride, which can be seen @ http://westernmotorcycles.rtrk.com.au/?scid=24743&kw=4268507

are:

Sunday 12th July 2009 - Gosford via Wisemans Ferry. Leave Western Motorcycles (283 Mulgoa Rd) at 8:30am for fish & chip lunch at Gosford.

Still waiting for confirmation that the ride will go ahead as just today we heard that dealerships are cancelling chapter rides because of insurance issues with Honda. This may be why Kawasaki ended their riders club earlier this year. We should know tomorrow and I will post up when I know.
Back to top Go down
The Cheese

The Cheese

PostSubject: I am Confused   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Guys where are we riding too and from??
I am still keen on this Sunday.
My first choice would be Bells, 2nd Gosford.
I'm flexible but would appreciate a clear idea on where to point my front wheel.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

I have now heard that due to insurance issues, the Honda Riders Club and their Chapters have cancelled ALL organised rides. Hence the planned HRCA ride from Penrith to Gosford has been cancelled.

Not to worry, as clubs like this will prosper because we still want group rides to meet new friends and have that community and sharing feeling.

OK, the poll is 2 for Bells and 2 for Gosford.

If we were to be fair to our Penrith friend, we should go Bells Line of Road to Mt Victoria, have a decent pub lunch there with a stop at Katoomba for a decent coffee on the way back.

Is that OK with everyone???

We'll go north next.

Meet McDonalds McGraths Hill at 9:00 for a 9:30 departure. Leisurely cruise.

Harry/Stew, you are welcome to try out my new seat on your bikes if you like. Anyone else with a VN that suits the seat is welcome as well.

Please post your intentions.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Ed,

Thanks for all the effort organising this.

I really don't mind, anywhere. Let's see how cold it is when we get to McGraths Hills MacD.

Mt Victoria still sounds good to me. We just have to be more prepared with singlet, T-Shirt, Jumper, then a Jacket. Also a tracky pants under your jeans and you'd be laughing.

By the way this is the meeting point:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ei=Rg1XSoz3KoKuswOT0YHADg&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Mcgraths+hill+mcdonald&fb=1&split=1&gl=au&cid=0,0,8883004514391747475&ei=zw5XSuSDGpKqtgP2rqH0AQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

See you all Sunday,
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Ok. from McGraths Hill we can decide on the day what we are doing. See you there.

Ed
Back to top Go down
The Cheese

The Cheese

PostSubject: Break out the Thermals!   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

I,m in. Remember there is no bad weather just bad clothing.
Looking forward to meeting more of us!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:03 pm

[quote="The Cheese"]I,m in. Remember there is no bad weather just bad clothing.quote]

LOL I like that saying.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 2:14 am

Good one cheese and too true I spose.
See you all in the morning!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 4:09 am

OK Macgraths Hill it is. see you around 9.00. I would prefer the Mt Victoria run myself however will go where ever

cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi guys,

I just spoke to Peter and he said he would like to come tomorrow too.

Looking forward to see you all.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Thats great Harry. Picked up a new Scala Q2 bluetooth headpiece today. Keen to try it out. Hope we have a good turnout tomorrow.

See everyone at McGraths Hill at 9:00 for a 9:30 departure.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Today's Ride to Mt.Vic   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:40 am

Hi all, today we rode from McGraphs Hill to Mt.Victoria and then on Tarana.
Somehow we all got split up Neutral with one group going one way and the other another. Question Anyhow we stopped for lunch at the Tarana hotel. great pub! Cool

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Sydneyvulcansattarana12
Back to top Go down
The Cheese

The Cheese

PostSubject: Big Thank You & Sorry   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am

Great ride today. Could not believe our luck with the weather. How nice was it comng back down the mountain, i could actually feel the sun on my back.
Sorry if i did anything to confuse anyone with our route to Tarana. Mea Culpa - i will never lead again - well unless we realy don't know where we are going!
Looking forward to our next ride - 3 ferries i believe - Are you leading that one Allan?
We did try to find those that went to Hampton today we looped around Oberon just in case you were on your way to Tarana.
Hope everyone had a great day out - we did!
Is there a new string for 3 Ferries?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Here is a link to my pics from today.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/Fasteddie57/Sunday12thJuly2009VulcanRidersRideToMtVictoriaBeyond#

Harry, I couldn't see where I could paste them into a reply like I do at NSWR. How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 am

Enjoyed the ride - thanks for the invite. It was a bummer being seperated - anyway we can work on it next time

cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next