Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed

PostSubject: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 am

N.B. This ride was to support local (NSW) fire brigades but has been changed and will now support the Vic appeal.

BIKEBIZ Bikers Back The Bushfire Brigade's Bash
Sunday 8th March 2009.

Meet at McDonalds McGraths Hill (Windsor) at 9:00am for a 10:00am departure.
$20 donation for the ride incl. BBQ lunch at destination (Lithgow Showground).
Another optional $20 buys you a souvenir tee and a raffle tix for this little trailbike.

http://bikebiz.com.au/v2/bushfire-bash-09.php

"We here at BIKEBIZ are proud to announce our seventh annual Bikebiz Bikers Back the Bushfire Brigade Bash as the motorcycling community joins forces once again to raise much needed funds for the Lithgow and District Rural Fire Service.

We're hoping to see hundreds of motorcyclists participate in the ride as we endeavour to raise in excess of $5000 for the day to be donated to a very worthy cause. And now with the addition of a trail ride, we're hoping this will be our biggest year ever!

In addition to the ride, a lively entertainment lineup will greet the riders upon their arrival in Lithgow. And to help raise the much needed funds for the Lithgow and Districts RFS, Yamaha Motor Australia have generously donated a TTR-50 as part of their commitment to the event!! The awesome little TTR-50 will be presented to the winner on the day during the lunch time entertainment. "

Good thing is, this will cater for trailbike riders too with designated bush track fr Mcgarths to Lithgow.
Please register your attendance ONLINE on Bikebiz' website above.
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 am

Harry, this may well be an opportunity to meet other Vulcan riders and get a 'card' to them with site details. Your thought?
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin

PostSubject: RE: Victorian Fire Disaster Ride   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

I would love to come, but I am working in Central Coast at night and won't be back until about 2am.

I wish I could come.

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 am

Hi,

Name is Cam and I ride an 08' 900 Custom. Have been looking for a Vulcan club in Sydney for ages now and happy to have stumbled on this group. I am active in the Kawasaki Riders and Owners Network forum (www.auskawasakiriders.com/forum). Unfortunately many members are in QLD and most group ride activity is up there.

I am registered for the Bike Biz bushfire ride and would love to meet up with some people there in a couple of weeks.

Cam
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin

PostSubject: RE: Fire Disaster Ride   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 am

Hi Cam,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I am working Saturday night and will not be home until 2am.

Ed will be there, so you will meet him, I am sure.

He has the same bike as yours, the one on the picture.

Could you please put your details here and we will keep you posted with our rides.

http://www.vulcanriders.org.au/member_form.html

See you soon,

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Welcome to SVR   Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Cam

I registered today + t shirt.

I live at Naremburn, near Crows Nest if you wanted to meet and ride to McGraths Hill as a group. I expect to have others with me. If so, we would be meeting at The Shell servo at Lane Cove on Epping Road.

Harry, I will make up some basic cards to take along and flog your site to Vulcans. Rudy asked me to tell you to come along. You will enjoy it, even if it's later in the morning or for lunch. It's only Lithgow. You don't need sleep.
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:43 am

Excellent, looking forward to catching up. I am not sure where I will be that morning so might have to meet at McGrath's Hill but keep me posted as I might be able to meet up beforehand!
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 am

Just received this email from BikeBiz!

AND YOU THOUGHT JUST GOING FOR A RIDE WAS GOOD ENOUGH!

Thanks to the enormous generosity of our suppliers and friends of Bikebiz, we are pleased to announce the following list of prizes that will now be available on the day of our 7th Annual Bikebiz Bikers Back The Bushfire Brigade's Bash.

Anyone who registers to ride (either on or before the day), and is in attendance to participate on the day will be in the running to win any one of these amazing prizes! So register today and come along on the 8th of March to try out your luck!!!

1 x Yamaha Motor Finance $20,000 interest free loan (T.A.P conditions apply)
1 x Berik 2-Piece Limited Edition Gold Daytona Suit
1 x AXIO (Hard Case) Forza Back Pack (Red or Blue) + 1 x $100 Dinner Voucher @ Arthurs Restaurant
1 x Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves (Signed by Troy Corser)
1 x Alpinestars Albatross T-Shirt (Signed by Troy Corser)
1 x Free Ride Day @ Eastern Creek
1 x Mechanix Gear Bag and Bum Bag + 1 x $100 Dinner Voucher @ Arthurs Restaurant
1 x Shoei TZR Graphic Helmet
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 am

I will see if I don't come home to late and can get up I will try to make it.

What time are you going to be there Ed?

Kruser
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am

I plan on leaving Shell servo on Epping Road Lane Cove at 8:00. I also plan on having my mini camcorder on the front of the bike to video it.
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 am

Mark Condon, Director of Bikebiz has been good enough to give me an update re the route to be taken on Sunday.

"The road ride is fairly straight forward; it is leaving from
McDonalds at McGraths Hill taking the Windsor bypass then through
Richmond, Kurrajong, Bells onto Lithgow (using the Bells Line of
Road).

Depending on the number of people we have on the ride we will
stop at the Lithgow Council Yard to regroup before heading through the
main street of Lithgow and then turning right into the Showgrounds.

The ride home is left to the individual.

We are expecting Police assistance from McGraths Hill to the start of
the Bell's Line of Road at about Richmond. We are led to believe
that we will also have Police assistance through Lithgow, this is to be
confirmed.

Hope you can join us. We are hoping to raise in excess of $30k for the
Victims of the Vic Fires, so the more people we have attend the more
chance we will have of making a worthwhile contribution.

Also you might want to jump onto our site ( http://bikebiz.com.au/v2/bushfire-bash-09.php ) and check out what we have managed to persuade our Distributors to contribute towards the Lucky
Door Prize.

People will be able to pre register online up until the close of business
Thursday 5th March. After that they will need to register on the day.

Regards,

Mark Condon
Director"
Back to top Go down
stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm in and registered hope to see you all there. We need more VN's round the place

Stew
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Hey Stew,

Great stuff see ya there!

Cam

Black VN900 Custom
"CAM-72"
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:20 am

Hi Stew, Cam and Ed.

I will try my best to see you at McGraths Hills Mackers at around 9.

I just rang Peter and David and left a message to see if they can come too. I think if Pete's bike is ready he would love to come too.

I think Steve is working.

See you soon,

Kruser
Back to top Go down
stew066

PostSubject: Good ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:08 am

Hey all good to meet you all!
Will definately be trying to make your next ride.

Stew
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:36 am

Top ride today guys, was great to meet everyone! Sorry I had to run off early, look forward to catching up properly sometime!

Have posted a couple of pics up here on the AKRON forum
http://www.auskawasakiriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1245

cheers,
Cam
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 am

Hi Stew, Great to meet you too.

I really like the sound of your pipes. I am thinking of getting them, but I worry if I would bother my neighbours.

I am glad I went even though I was soooooooo tired with only 4 hours sleep.

It was great to meet Cam too.

I was a bit turned off with the ammount of bikes...... I've seen that many bikes on at once before,but it was the first time that I was actually part of it.

I had a good time, more than I thought I would, which was great.

I hope they raise heaps of money for the fire victim.

I am looking forward to the next ride.

Kruser
Back to top Go down
stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:48 am

The neighbors will be fine, I just try and keep the noise down by going slow up the street or keeping the clutch in when coming back again. I'm sure they will be fine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Harry, if your not that keen on big groups (I mean mega big ie well over 50), then the Snowy Ride http://www.snowyride.com.au/index.php may not be for you. Imagine today times at least 4. Great experience though and the rides that you can take on the saturday to places like Khancoban, Charlottes Pass, Dalgetty etc are the best.

Had fun today. my pics can be seen @

http://picasaweb.google.com/Fasteddie57/SundayMarch8thBikebizSupportsFireBrigadeSBashCharityRideLithgow?feat=embedwebsite#
Back to top Go down
stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Great pics Ed and good too meet you.
Look forward to catching up on the next ride.
Back to top Go down
Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 am

Video from Sunday's ride courtesy of a NR member:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YvEF8kCO1s

Lucky enough to have some of me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride   

Back to top Go down

Sunday 8th March - Victorian Fire disaster Ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1