Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

repairs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rookie

repairs Empty
PostSubject: repairs   repairs EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi my name is Rookie, and I have just joined this club. I actually hope to come on a ride one day when I get my new bike back. I wrote in about customising and those thankful tips I'll put into practice, but about six weeks ago I had an accident the bike was 13 days old (in my ownership) and I took it straight back to the dealership that I bought it off, but between hiccups from the assessor and every other hinderance and eventually the parts got ordered and since then the parts have been "on back order" how long can you expect kawasaki to delay some orders. Is there someway that i can call, or email without alerting the mechanic, because he is probably getting pissed with me, cause as expected I am running out of patience.
Back to top Go down
Spock900

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 am

Hey Rookie. Sorry to hear about you having an accident. Hopefully not too much damage to yourself?

For parts delivery, it can take quite a awhile for any two wheel manufacturer/repairer to get parts in. I would guess about 4-6 weeks in some cases, I know it sounds ridiculous. I remember a mate with a Vespa waiting 2.5 months for parts to come from Italy, could have swum over and got them faster!

How long have you been told it will take?
Back to top Go down
rookie

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:23 am

well initially they told me 4-6 weeks, then after 3 weeks I really had a go, and found out they hadn't even got permission to proceed with the repairs, then a week later they told me i was waiting on four parts which had just been ordered and it would be another four to six weeks. and i have also been told it could be another three months on top, if the parts do not arrive.

but as for the injuries, all i really hurt was my knee and wrist but have had physio and good as new, the funny thing i was more worried about the bike, seems like i healed faster
Back to top Go down
Spock900

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:21 am

That delay on approval would frustrate me as well. As it is an insurance job that could have delayed the approval process, insurance companies generally don't care if it doesn't affect them in anyway.

When I had a problem with my seat and a faulty indicator they looked at the bike, took some pics and sent to Kawasaki for approval. Had a response in a few days and they got the parts in within a week or two. Whole new seat and new indicator, fitted under warranty.

What parts are you waiting on and which dealer is it if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry about the accident and I hope you get the problem sorted soon.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Hey Spocky you would have friends with vespa's wouldnt you lol!

Aj
Back to top Go down
Spock900

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 am

Don't forget who mostly rides Vespa's AJ! Wink
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 am

Iknow Iknow but i'm married mate so no good to me. But just a thought bring some along on a ride would/could be a good perv

Aj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: repairs   repairs Empty

Back to top Go down

repairs
Page 1 of 1