Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just Joined and new to it all

Go down 
+4
Pirtek888
MrKruser
Spock900
TomB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TomB

Just Joined and new to it all Empty
PostSubject: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 am

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum and there is heeps of great information on there. Bought my current Vulcan brand new in mid 2006 and it has 35,000 ks on it now.
The first 20,000 were put up in less than 12 months.

Got off a Honda VT 1300 - which weren't a bad bike either.

Had a heep of good expereinces with the Vulcan and some really terrible ones with it. Looking forwarding to replacing it (with another Vulcan) within the next 3 or 4 months - Early 2010 --

Hope to meet up with some of you on various rides - but being so far down the southern end of the state it often makes it a bit difficult
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:36 am

Welcome Tom! Thanks for the great intro. 20,000Km in a year is a lot of riding but I can understand on a new bike like the Vulcan Very Happy Which Vulcan do you have?

How far down south in the state are you?
Back to top Go down
TomB

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:50 am

It's only the baby of the range.

The VN 900 - But I gotta tell ya. It goes as well as the older Honda VT 1100 ---

Created a bit of a problem for Kawasaki with the first year having 20,000k's on the motor (they didn't have one in Aus with that amount of k's on it at the time - only released that model in mid 2006) In-balance in pressure from top to bottom of the motor and a dodgy gasket set meant that it was throwing a fair bit of oil from the motor into the air filter.

Kawasaki ended up pulling the motor out and re-building it when it only had 20,000 k's on it. (Which I thought was a great idea). They rectified that problem with later models and I think there was a re-call for this issue, from Kawasaki, on those first released models.

Wagga Wagga is approximately 500 ks South of Sydney - Halfway between Sydney and Melbourne.

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by TomB on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spock900

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am

Good bike mate, a few of us have the 900's! I have the Custom myself from 07. Nice work getting an engine rebuild in at 20,00Km's LOL! No real problems since?

Sorry saw your location there at Wagga, that is a fair way down south indeed!
Back to top Go down
TomB

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:02 am

No probs since they re-built it. I didn't really think there was a problem with it but the local Kawasaki dealer here talked them in to rebuilding the motor lol! and I gotta tell you. OH YES very happy indeed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy with that decision

All in all they are a good bike. The only time I found any issues with it was when you have a passenger on and you have the saddle bags loaded up and a full back pack on the rear rack. Just wished you had a couple of extra CC then.

I do think the next one will be the 1700 - Just having a look around and be in the market early enxt year - See what they have going and what deals the Kawasaki dealrships have on offer. Usuall get over to the dealerships in Canberra. Get some good deals there.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Tom, welcome onboard.

Yeah, a few of us have the same.

I hope to see you soon.
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 am

Welcome aboard Tom. Thanks for the great intro. Smile I have a VN1600 (2004 model) at present but also hoping the Minister for Finance might let me look at a new 1700 late next year. I really like the look of the Voyager.
Hope we might be able to organise a ride down your way one day: maybe meet half way for a bite of lunch somewhere?

I am back on shift work as of 20 September (for at least 9 months) so now down to only two weekends off every eight weeks: my rides with the SVR guys will be few and far between Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Tom, welcome to SVR. Definately must plan a ride down your way. Did you decide if you were doing the Snowy Ride in November?
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 am

G'Day Tom and welcome to the site.
Glad to see you joined up. Great bunch of blokes here and always good for a laugh Basketball
I think most ride VN 900 with the odd Nomad and bigger ones here and there. Look forward to seeing you out on a ride
Back to top Go down
Mr L8ter

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:54 am

Hi Tom, welcome aboard. Great bike you have there. I have a new vulcan and am loving it.
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am

TomB wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum and there is heeps of great information on there. Bought my current Vulcan brand new in mid 2006 and it has 35,000 ks on it now.
The first 20,000 were put up in less than 12 months.

Got off a Honda VT 1300 - which weren't a bad bike either.

Had a heep of good expereinces with the Vulcan and some really terrible ones with it. Looking forwarding to replacing it (with another Vulcan) within the next 3 or 4 months - Early 2010 --

Hope to meet up with some of you on various rides - but being so far down the southern end of the state it often makes it a bit difficult
cheers cheers cheers

Welcome Tom, I will be great to meet up with on our next ride!!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 am

DALE9251 wrote:
Welcome Tom, I will be great to meet up with on our next ride!!

Your always great to meet up with on any ride lol!
Back to top Go down
TomB

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:25 am

G'day Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Have a big ride coming up this weekend with the Blueliners TMCC. That's a weekend in Tumut - Many of that club have ridden from as far North as QLD border, meeting up wth the sydney mob at Thornleigh and from the central west NSW as well as places such as Albury, Deniliquin, Griffith and Wagga Wagga in the Western and southern regions of the state.

About 450 to 500 of us to meet at Gundagai and converge on Tumut - and basically booked out the town for the weekend.
Live entertainment Saturday night ( showground booked out for this) and local service clubs doing the dinner and the alcohol and the recovery breakfast. Funds raised go to the local charities around Tumut - We had a fairly large ride to Tamworh and one to Euchuca over the last couple of months, (same type of deal and funds raised to local charities of the areas we reide to).
Most probably get on the Snowy Ride ED... But always good to work out a ride down this way - Meet at Goulburn (that's about halfway for you Sydney lads) and do a bit of touring around the Southern highlands or the south coast. Got a few friends that would join in on a weeked ride such as that. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:22 am

Sounds like a great weekend bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined and new to it all   Just Joined and new to it all Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Joined and new to it all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: Tips - Using the Forum :: Welcome New Member - Please introduce your self and your bike here.-
Jump to: