Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reckles young driver

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Reckles young driver Empty
PostSubject: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 am

I have a friend who just bought a bike "Yamaha XVS 650". She loves it and she is getting really good on the bike.

She was travelling to Carringbah to work and the driver 3 cars in front of her hit the brake suddenly and and made everyone hit each other's back. My friend was the last one.

The bike hit the boot and flipped, then the bike was almost on to of her. She was thrown to the boot of the car and she was in the hospital overnight.

The driver in the front ran and didn't stop.

Luckily, she is OK, only little scratch here and there, bu nothing serious..... the bike is damaged pretty bad though..... so she can't really ride it. One of the people who was invloved ite accident got the number plate of the driver who ran off.

Hopefully they get him.

Ride Safe,
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 am

Glad to hear she's not to badly hurt Haryy, bummer about the bike though, pass on my best wishes
and i hope she's back on 2 wheels soon

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Glad she is not hurt more than she is. Bad thing about it is she will most likely be charged with neg driving. I do hope they can catch him. It sounds like he was not hit though. If he was not hit from behind, then he may argue that he did not know about the vehicles hitting each other behind him. If he was hit then he could be charged with leaving an accident.

Once again, it shows that proper distances should be observed, not just on group rides, but everyday traffic.

Speedy recovery to her.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:01 am

Sorry to hear about that Harry, I'm very glad she is ok.
I hope it doesn't turn her off riding either and she just learns from it.
Hey with any luck the insurance will pay for a Vulcan......
Back to top Go down
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 am

Harry, sorry to hear you friend had an accident.
Please wish her well from me and mostly that she gets back riding SOON!!
Also, I agree with Ed, its very important to keep your distance when riding, in a group or just commuting!
I was riding home the other day on the freeway when a fully laden Semi ( at the very last minute ) decided to pull out of the left lane and into the middle lane, as there was a bank up of cars in the left lane turning off the exit ramp ( guess the Semi driver wasn't paying attention at the time )
Bottom line is that if wasn't keeping a respectful distance I would have been in deep shit!!!
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Best philosophy is EVERYONE is a dickhead and cant drive (or ride for that matter) we should ride accordingly, keep enough space round you to get out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reckles young driver   Reckles young driver Empty

Back to top Go down

Reckles young driver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: News :: Bad News-
Jump to: