Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.

Go down 
+4
roddy27
aj1249
MrKruser
John
8 posters
AuthorMessage
John

John

Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. Empty
PostSubject: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi all,

You may remember a couple of months ago I was trying to get a Brisbane Vulcan social group started, and possibly the making of a new club. Well we're up 25 Members and so far we've had two meets with the third planned for March 14. Great bunch of guys and gals !!

Anyhow, just wondering of your thoughts about putting together a half way ride between Sydney and Brisbane. Possibly meet at Numbucca Heads or Macksville ?

I'm sure we could rally up some good numbers and if we plan early enough we might be able to book accommodation for later this year or early January 2011.

Just an idea ??

Macka
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 am

It sounds like a good idea.

Lets see what everyone in Sydney thinks about this.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 am

Sounds a good idea to me. Might make a 4dayer outta it, up friday home monday

Aj
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:08 am

im with aj make it a 4 dayer for us with a stop over in tamworth or somewhere like that on the sun night
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 pm

I've had some positive feed back from about six riders so far, many haven't returned with a response as of yet.

If the idea ( which most liked ) was to arrive Friday and leave Monday morning, isn't that three nights.

Some time over the next couple of weeks I'll call some of the parks with cabins to find out availability and refund policy.

Cheers Macka.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:26 pm

its a long way off but i would be keen
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 am

John

I think we need to set a date for this to eventuate otherwise people arnt able to commit so
if you could get some suggested dates then we could pick one thats suits most lock it in then
i am sure others will be more keen to respond
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

im for january most should be able to get hols of some sort but if its prior or later im still in
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm

I agree with trying for Jan.

What are your thoughts on three nights Fri Jan 14, Sat 15, and Sun 16 departing, Monday.

I've made a couple of inquiries, most places have plenty accommadation available after the 17th.
What's great is they do offer a full refund if canceled one month in addvance.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 am

If Jan is the choice then i will follow but i would prefer to go outside school holidays

1 -- because i have 5 kids and i like to take them away for the holidays

2 -- because i'm a tight arse and its cheaper when its not school holidays lol

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 am

John wrote:
I agree with trying for Jan.

What are your thoughts on three nights Fri Jan 14, Sat 15, and Sun 16 departing, Monday.

I've made a couple of inquiries, most places have plenty accommadation available after the 17th.
What's great is they do offer a full refund if canceled one month in addvance.

Those dates suit me. Sorry AJ, working at a school will always means school hols suit.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 am

Thats fine Ed still should be ok 2 go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 am

im in for sure the dates are fine with me lock em in eddy
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 am

roddy27 wrote:
im in for sure the dates are fine with me lock em in eddy

Locked in (for now), but be sure to phone a friend as well, the more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 pm

sounds good to me I'm in at this stage
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Same here: Ok at present. They are moving me around at work a bit at the moment so not sure how I'll be situated in January. Good idea though. Pick a date and those that can make it will, and those that can't will cry ! Very Happy Great idea John.
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:38 am

are we still looking at doing this ride as they are going to make me permanent at th end of sept so i need to put in some dates before this happens or it'll be 12 months before they give me hols
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Rod,

Unfortunialty I'm not getting the feed back as I was hopping for. Not sure how to get the Vulcan riders here in Qld more active. I've found a bit of hostillity between the Kwaka forums, which is a shame. You know the story, I'm not goin if there goin.

Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 pm

John, I'm planning a 4 day ride to Nindigully from 25 Sept arriving at Nindigully most likely on the Sunday. Have you thought or able to join us there on the Sunday perhaps.
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Ed,

Yeah I was reading thread with a lot of interest. Can't make any difinte plans just yet, but if I can make it, I'll do the Bruxner Hwy trip. Great road.

What are your thoughts about me asking the Qld Vulacan riders if their interested.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Go for it John, the more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 am

January is normally good for me too.

Now I start to get really busy, but will be quiet around Jan.
So, at this stage, I am in.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 am

All going well count me in for January
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Either this ride or GOC. Good choices to have.
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:29 pm

hey guys my trip down south is un der fire at the moment and i need a back up plan .

Kath is heading to gold coast on the 10th of january and i thought i would ride up that arvo with a stop over somewhere on the way so this gathering would be perefect as then i could head north with our qld cousins and meet kath . is there any takers ,lets get some numbers together so we can look for accommodation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.   Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sydney - Brisbane over nighter half way ride.
Page 1 of 1