Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blown it or What?? no ignition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Qakka

Qakka

Blown it or What?? no ignition Empty
PostSubject: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 am

Greetings Guys and Gals,
Have I blown it or what????
Left the ignition on for about 3 hrs and now no nothing -zilch- bugger all___
Have to post here because I aint going nowhere else!!
have I just totally flattened the battery--because there is nothing there at all -- or have I blown the coil or something . There bike is out the front and will have to try to do something with it because I cannot ride it to the bike shop.
Any thoughts or experiences similar??
Thank you
Cheer for now Len
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:52 am

I have done similar mate! Dont stress just a flat battery

a) Try recharging the battery
b) Try jump starting it
c) Try clutch starting it (use 2nd gear not 1st)

All that fails buy a new battery and all should be good

Aj
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm

I have this problem a number of times with a number of causes. Sounds like yours is just a flat battery though.
A common problem with the Vulcans is corroded wiring though. I have had this problem so has Ed I think, usually it just dies though for no reason. If you left the key in I would say just flat battery
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 am

Yep, 3 hours would do the battery. Nothing more sinister than that I think. I've been told that if a battery has absolutely zero power left, it won't accept a charge. Can't hurt trying though.

If you need a battery, speak to Jason and he will help you get the cheapest battery. His number is 0400 277 888. Tell him you were referred by Ed from NSW Riders and he will look after you. Let me know how you go.
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am

Greetings All
Thank you publically Ed for the follow up via mobile.
Also great idea to have the phone number of someone who would come to our assistance if needed.
I have just gone out and started the bike before I posted this-- so as not to shoot myself in the foot-- and it seems okay.
Off to wallyworld to get some hardware and will take the newly acquired phone number with me and hope that I do not need it. Obviously not timber who large items --just some little stuff--.

Thanx again to the members who replied and and all tose who were not sure of the effects and now know.
Cheers for now
Len

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blown it or What?? no ignition   Blown it or What?? no ignition Empty

Back to top Go down

Blown it or What?? no ignition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Go for rides and make new friends :: Idea Sharing Board: Questions and answers :: Servicing-
Jump to: