Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nite ride fri 7TH of jan

Go down 
+3
Verna
stew066
roddy27
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roddy27

roddy27

Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 pm

a great nite was had at road warriors thanks stew and verna for coming along .it was great to finally meet you verna and hope you can make a few more rides . hope you and stew made it home dry. sorry for those that could not make it we only got a couple of drops on way up and nothing on MY way home.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Yeah thanks guys. Good to meet you Verna hope to see you again. Good pizza and idea there Rod, although feeling very full. turned out to be a great night for a ride not a drop of rain on the way home. Ed looks like NSW had a good turn out at Harrys as well when I rode past.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Yup it was a good ride. Very Happy
I am just miffed that the intruder IS louder and deeper! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm

I was looking forward to it, but when I got home my little girl was not well and I totally forgot about it. Sorry.

Also the sky was black around where I live.

I am free most Sundays except 9 Jan.

I hope I'll see you all soon.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:43 am

No really Verna....I cant see that or should I say hear that hmm you need louder pipes Smile
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am

You could be right (about the louder pipes).
In other news does anyone have strong opinions about interbike comms?
Direct experience? General accepted usage of brands / compatibility?
Back to top Go down
fender59

fender59

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:28 am

loud pipes saves lives ....plus they sound really good
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Verna wrote:
You could be right (about the louder pipes).
In other news does anyone have strong opinions about interbike comms?
Direct experience? General accepted usage of brands / compatibility?

Verna, I use and recomnmend the Scala Q2 comm system. Wireless, reliable. Communication to 500 metres between riders. Compatable with phones, GPS etc. Only thing is there is sometimes a conflict when you use multiple items so if you want bike to bike you may have to forego GPS for example.

I used them with a friend on a trip to Uuru and it worked really well. Scla does have a G4 out, but I am not convinced on its quality.

A few of us have the Q2. Check then on a ride sometime. Deals can be had if buying multiple units so post up if you intend buying.

Being able to take and make hand free calling whist riding is a real bonus. Some don't like that ability but it suits me.
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 am

im definitly interested in the Q2 but how well do they work with open face helmets
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:53 am

roddy27 wrote:
im definitly interested in the Q2 but how well do they work with open face helmets

If I get a chance, I'll swap my Q2 to my open face and give a report. The wind factor will be an issue, but to what degree I'm not sure. It obviously won't affect listening to music, GPS instructions, just outgoing phone call chatter.
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:08 am

that would be great ed i will be purchasing a full face helmet soon but i do prefer the open face
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

That would be good Ed. We have a full face and an open faced helmet here so would be nice to know in advance what to expect with the open faced. Guess I need to research more into the difference between the G4 and the Q2 too.

In other news my offsider passed the L's practical test today. Smile
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:55 am

personally i am not a fan of bluetooth comms for 1 reason only "battery life "
using a starcom or autocom it is always powered when the bike is on. I have
the ability to connect more items than u can with a Q2 or 4. No more remembering
to charge batteries or the bluetooth unit. Using the starcom with an open face is
as good as it gets if you set it right! If you must have bluetooth then i reccomend
IMC Camos units as i have used them with success. I havent tried the Scala
uniots so cannot offer an opinion on quality.

At Swansea Nsw you can find Dale from DMME who sells wired and bluetooth
units plus offers a reasonably priced quality instalation service

www.dmme.com.au

Aj
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Hey verna tell her congrats from me hope to see both of you on next ride.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Verna I use and recommend the Q2 also it is always crystal clear and has good battery life for my use. I dont listen to music.
The only slight problem is when I get a message or call it always frightens the shit out of me for a second. The only other thing is voice recognition is not good but then I am only receiving calls and dont really care to be making them.

Congrats to your partner for passing will see her on a ride soon I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Some car park riding required first I think.
Seems learning to ride is as hard as learning to drive.
Just going to take a little time.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

First ride out to Windsor.
Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 Pony_a10
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 pm

cool looks pretty good for a little bike Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nite ride fri 7TH of jan   Nite ride fri 7TH of jan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nite ride fri 7TH of jan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2