Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:34 am

The Beachcomber Hotel at Toukley comes to me highly recommended. I don't believe we have been there before, so how about joining me on a ride there this coming SATURDAY. I hope you can join me.

Ride Details:

Destination: Beachcomber Hotel Toukley
Date: Saturday Sunday 2nd July 2011
Meeting Point: Pie in the Sky at 1296 Old Pacific Highway at Cowan
Meeting time: 9:00
Departure Time: 9:30

Route: Old Pacific Highway to Peats Ridge, up to Yarramalong and then to Toukley. Details of the Beachcomber Hotel can be seen at the following links:

Beachcomber Hotel - Home page
Beachcomber Hotel - Dining

We could return via The Entrance, then freeway and Old Pacific Highway for coffee at the Road Warriors Cafe at Mount White.

It's not a great distance, but will be good to catch up with many of you here.

ROUTE:

View Larger Map

Attending

Ed

Last edited by Ed on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 am

sorry ed i wont be there for the ride i pick up the green machine from flywheels on sat but more than likely i will catch you guys at road warriors in the arvo
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Sport sees Saturday out for me for the foreseeable future.
Most Sundays are good though...
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 am

A brilliant day weather wise, except for some early fog which lifted about 9:45. Rudi joined me as far as the Wyong turnoff and I carried on alone from there. The ride today was actually a reccy ride for a NSWR ride next Sunday. If you want to join in for that ride, please do so. I will repost the details in another thread. I did come across about 7 km of road works along Yarramalong Road before Wyong, but I see no reason to alter the route, unless we have torrential rain all week.

I don't know why we haven't been to the Beachcomber Hotel before. A delightful place for lunch and a decent menu. Spectacular view. There are 3 levels of parking adjacent to the hotel that we can use. Returned via The Entrance, Wyong Road, then freeway and Peats Ridge Road, Pacific Highway then Road Warriors.

I caught up with Rod and a mate at Road Warriors for coffee about 3:30 and stayed a fair while. Was great catching up. Saw the usual array of fine bikes there including an orange 1800 cc vulcan that didn't look a lot bigger than mine. If I get a chance must grab one for a test ride sometime.

Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Saw this too late but hard for me to make Saturdays these days. Will be joining NSWR on this ride on the 10th though. Look forward to seeing some others too Smile
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:20 am

it was great to catch up ed im hoping to make next sunday but kath has reminded me of the kitchen im supposed to install next sun before i head to melbourne so will play it by ear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley   Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 2nd July Beachcomber Hotel Toukley
Page 1 of 1