Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Seats   Seats EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:05 am

Hi guys,
I have recently installed a new Saddleman Solo seat on my bike. I think it looks pretty cool. Is a little bit firm on the old ass but strangely I find it heaps more comfy then the stock seat. Of course the radio is not happy about it being solo but can always change it back.
Will be looking to get a mustang two up seat when the dollar comes up a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Stew, happy enough with the dollar ATM (it has been much worse) so I bit the bullet a few moments ago and ordered the Mustang Seat # 76127 from http://www.gm-cycles.com/ I had a Mustang on my previous Honda which I wrote off and was very happy with the seat.

Total cost about AUD $630 including delivery/insurance. They also have some great accessories on their site. Have a look and search by model. Very tempted on a few things but all in good time.

Will post again when it arrives.

Ed
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:05 am

Hey thanks Ed will check it out.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey great site Ed cheaper then the ones I have been using from the US.
Thanks. How have you found their service as in postage etc?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Stew, postage of the seat (which came today btw) was about $105 USD. When I bought my previous seat direct from Mustang, postage was $300 USD.

All up, the seat cost $655.82 AUD landed. The damn dollar has improved more since then.

As I said, it came today. Good condition. Easy install except you have to remove a bracket from the stock seat and transfer it to the Mustang. When installing, Kawasaki had crossed the threads on a bolt which made it awkward to get off. New bolts on the Mustang, so it wasn't an issue after that. Fitted very easily. May get up early in the morning if the weather is good and go for a ride b4 work. Will take pictures tomorrow and post them.

Stew, you have the same seat I think. We could do a swap over sometime if you like. You too Harry.

Take care

Ed

Last edited by Ed on Thu May 28, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Ed,
That sounds good as I have been thinking of this seat and the exchange rate is good.
The bracket thing is a bit of a pain, I have to do the same thing now with the saddleman solo seat I have on if I want to change seats have to pull it on and off all the time. Might try and get another bracket from Kawa.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Let me know how you go with the bracket. Would be useful to have the seat ready to go if I needed it for whatever raeson.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyThu May 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Don't want to spoil the party but i was told kawa dont sell the bracket as a seperate item so ive been chasing wreckers for 1

AJ
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:13 am

Ah I thought that might be the case, thats why that make you use the other. It is a pain in the arse to be honest.
If you have any luck with the wreckers lets us know would love to get my hands on one also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seats   Seats Empty

Back to top Go down

Seats
Page 1 of 1