Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria

Go down 
+5
stew066
The Cheese
MrKruser
DALE9251
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Where shall we ride to on Sunday 12th July ?
I would prefer Mt Victoria via bells line of road:
Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
I would prefer a Gosford ride via OPH:
Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Vote_lcap60%Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:24 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry we lost you.

We kept going and didn't turn at all, we stoped for about 30 minutes before we turn and wondering where you were.

After 30 minutes some of you didn't turn up, we decided to keep going.

Well, we will be more organise next time for sure.

See you soon.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:02 am

Hi guys, enjoyed meeting everyone today
If we are doing group rides likes this it is important to drop someone at corners or turn offs, if the guys up front take off the rest have no idea where you went.
Dropping a person at each turn helps keep everyone together if you run out of people just pull over Shocked
Anyway was a great day regardless, we too ended up at a great little pub, Hampton I think it was called, great soup to warm the body.

Look forward to seeing you all next time cheers
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 am

The thing is Stew, they didn't turn off. They continued on to the servo at Bowenfells where they stopped. Not sure why that group turned off to Jenolan Caves.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:30 am

Hi all,

I think it was a case of follow the leader for us lost sheep. I was late arriving from the outset so only have only myself to blame as I didnt know the destination or the route. Maybe these things can be narrowed down well before the day if at all possible which would be great. As it turned out the road which we did take was full of nice twisties so a run up there sometime again would be good ( but maybe in the Summer though - it was bloody cold in parts) Regardless it was great ride through some pretty stunning country.

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
DALE9251

DALE9251

PostSubject: 3 Ferries Ride   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:49 am

The Cheese wrote:
Great ride today. Could not believe our luck with the weather. How nice was it comng back down the mountain, i could actually feel the sun on my back.
Sorry if i did anything to confuse anyone with our route to Tarana. Mea Culpa - i will never lead again - well unless we realy don't know where we are going!
Looking forward to our next ride - 3 ferries i believe - Are you leading that one Allan?
We did try to find those that went to Hampton today we looped around Oberon just in case you were on your way to Tarana.
Hope everyone had a great day out - we did!
Is there a new string for 3 Ferries?

Greg, I have only proposed the date ( 02.08.09 ) for the 3 ferries ride!

It's been 20 years ( or more ) since I have been through Spencer, Wiseman's ferry etc!

If I lead the way we all definitely lost!! Embarassed
I will try to get some up to date maps in the meantime so I know where we are all going Idea
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 am

At least I didn't get lost !! I was stuck at work for 12 hrs with no bikes in site! Crying or Very sad
Glad to hear you guys had a good day whichever way you went Smile Sounds beautiful country up that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria   Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 12th July - Mt Victoria
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3