Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread

Go down 
+5
MrKruser
Pirtek888
stew066
aj1249
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stew066

stew066

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Sounds good to me Ed. Would be keen on lightening ridge.
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Sounds a great plan. Just hope I can make it!! Hope to see the travel agent in the next week or two so should have a better idea of departure dates and how they fit in with the weekend in question. Option for me just to do a day or two and get back earlier if need be. Smile
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 am

Just spoke to a number of people that attended the Nindigully ride last weekend!

Roads from the south were all good and fuel is reasonably readily available, some
servos were closed but credit cards can be used after hours

The pub itself has rooms avail $40 per dbl. and others were allowed to throw there swag out
on the verandah.

meals were enormous at about $27 a main

Beer was cold and refreshing

It has been suggested to start a Nindigully Pub Rally as of 2011 open to all forums!

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 am

That's great news.

An annual inter forum charity ride to Nindigully has potential.

Looking forward to the ride in Sept. Once I firm up some indicative #s, I'll phone the pub.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:54 am

Has the subject of accomodation been discussed as yet?

Are we swagging or hotel/cabining??

Are we allweather or weather permitting???

I will be attending this ride if works permits Question as SWMBO has given the stamp of approval cheers

Aj
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:14 am

I'd prefer to hotel or cabin.

Here is an option for Narrabri. Feel free to suggest others:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W52990&page=10&viewType=all

I'd probably take a single for myself @ $80 but the family room @ $130, shared with three is economical.

The Three Ways Motel at Gilgandra for the return trip is another option.

http://www.quickbeds.com/Hotel.aspx?PropertyID=7539&StartDate=7/14/2010 9:03:15 AM&Nights=14&PropertyName=Three Ways Motel&OffsetLM=True

As far as I am concerned, I would go regardless of weather. Each person should consider their circumstances and once we have some input re accomodation choices and whose sleeping with who, should consider making bookings.

The other alternative, with the exception of Nindigully, where we should book our rooms, is to just ride into Narrabri and Gilgandra unannounced and find accomodation. Being the first day of the holidays is my only concern re finding something, but really don't think these towns will pose a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 am

I dont want to throw a spanner in the works and I know I was the one concerned about a first day long haul however I am re-considering the two day ride to Nidigully and wonder whether in fact we should do it in a single day. If we leave early and stick to disciplined stop and rest plan it may work out. your thoughts please. happy to comply if this option is now off the table

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 am

So what where up thinking Dave. Full day ride to Nindigully on the Saturday. Stay overnight there and ride back Sunday or start heading back on the Sunday afternoon and stay somewhere on the Sunday night for a Monday return. Not so much a spanner, but a stillson.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm

I cool what ever 1 day 2 days doesnt worry me.
I terms of room I will take a single hotel room if available.
Spa suite would be preferable but if I have to rough it with just a bed that's ok too
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Maybe   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Greetings All
I ride that road Gunnedah etc to Moree very regular over a day and it is SOOOOO boring epecially from Narrabri on.
Two suggestions would be :
1) Ride to Tamworth and then through Tamworth to Barrabara and Manilla -on to the road that joins Inverell and Moree. Fossickers way I think
Did this way the other day and worked out to be 35 ks longer from Moree to Willow Tree than going the Gunnedah Narrabri way and a far better road avoiding so many trucks that travel the Newell sitting just on the speed limit and can be a police trap if you have to travel a bit faster to get around them. On the other road, no sign of police and a great ride for a bike .
OR
2) Go up the Pacific Hwy to Gloucester and thru Thunderbolts way to Uralla ---cut accross to Inverell and then Moree also good riding roads and believe me the Gunnedah Narrabri --although great cruiser riding can be quite slow and busy.

Just my 2 bobs worth and could be interested anyway on that ride . 700 ks would be no problem for me as I have retuned the same day making a round trip but if I am twoup then I will be a lot slower and more frequent stops for a break.
Cheers for now Len
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks for the input Len sounds very interesting. What do others think?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:44 am

Yes Lens suggestions are good . I have ridden the Fossickers way as my sister lives at Barraba so can vouch for it. (pretty sure we could stop there for a barbie lunch no problen)

Would suggest a single day trip to Nindigully. I only get 200ks to a tank so will need to stop fairly often anyway. As said I will be coming back via Brisbane so up to you guys as to how you return.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Len, I'm not familiar with the roads, but my maps suggest both routes would be about 900 km to Nindigully. Can you post some maps and distances up if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 am

Hi Ed and
Shortest route is via Gunnedah at about 598 Ks then thru Tamworth and Manilla is about 646 ks , longest is thru Gloucester and Inverell at about 698 ks.
By far the least picturesque

Google maps:
#Hornsby to Branxton ,Willow Tree Gunnedah Moree

#Hornsby to Hexham Gloucester Uralla Inverell Moree

#Hornsby to Branxton Tamworth Manilla Moree
Sorry Friends , I am not aux fait with sending links etc

Cheers Len

Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes--then it does not matter --you are a mile in front and you have his shoes. Boom Boom
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:46 pm

View Larger Map

I'm missing something Len.

Nindigully Pub via gunnedah from berowra is 766km

Via Tamworth and manilla is 817km.

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 am

Sorry all
I was so fixated witht the trip to MOR-BLOODY-EE,--- thats is as far as I was calculating---

Then again I did intimate that I am not really cool . ith this computer thingy.

I do not mind the few extra ks as the trip from Moree to the pub is a road that IIthink I have not been on anyway.
Apologies to all who tried to draw my attention to my failings and I just kept waffling on,
Just hope I can make the trip so that evrybody will see that I am not quite a silly as I look.
Cheers len
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for updating Len. Your avatar doesn't do you justice. I'll rethink the route in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 am

Hi All,

personally I am happy top take any route and any amount of time. just want get on the road for few days so let me know what your preferences are.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Some may remember Matt from the Dam ride. He is travelling to Nindigully and beyond from next Monday. He will report on the roads, fuel etc. At this stage, I will be riding via Nabiac on the North Coast to include a visit to the bike museum with a likely O/N stop at Tamworth day one. Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Sounds good provided I have my bike back by then.
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Ed and Stewie,

Just following up on the posts on another thread. ( Half awy ride )https://sydneyvulcanriders.forumotion.com/rides-f3/sydney-brisbane-over-nighter-half-way-ride-t243.htm I like this idea of an over nighter at Nindigully, I'll put it to the Qld Vulcan Riders. Be a great weekend and we could do the Bruxner hwy run through Tenterfield.

I'll see if I can rally up some numbers.

Cheers Macka
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Sounds like a good plan Macka. There seems to be some interest from this side as well at this stage. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Matt is at Nindigully pub tonight and sent me a PM. He asked re the 26th and atm that date is looking good.

A bit of info re the burger:

"food was great, a little expensive but worth it. I saw the road train burger in some pics there and its huge. Was speaking to some of the road train drivers and they were saying it's too big even for them to share. Apparently it's 5kg beef and 3kg of flour for the bread plus everything else. I think someone said all up its 13kg of food with the sides etc.."

I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 pm

WOW the burger ways more then Harry lol!
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

sounds taller than harry as well lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread   Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ride to Nindigully Pub - see new thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next