Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully

Go down 
+5
aj1249
Dave
stew066
Baiazid
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:21 pm

This trip has been through the planning stage and after speaking with a few people I believe I have a good plan for a few days of riding. The addition of the Nabiac Bike Museum and the inclusion of Buckets Way and The Oxley makes it interesting.

Departure Date: Saturday 25th September
Destination: Nindigully Pub
Meeting Place: Mobil Berowra
Meeting Time: 8:00
Departure Time: 8:30

Distance to Nindigully: 946km
Return trip via Lighning Ridge, Dubbo, Bathurst: 1000km

Nindigully Pub is a town of about 6 people with a real country pub that supposedly serves the biggest hamburger in Australia. VFR was there a few days ago and reports that the burger is about 13 kg. 6kg of beef, a few kg of flour for the bun and salads etc. At about $35, it sounds like a challenge.

The map of the route is in the next post.

Day one will include a ride to Nabiac to visit the Bike Museum. We will travel via Buckets way and take a detour to Nabiac via a town called Girvan.

After visiting the Bike Museum at Nabiac, we will travel to Tamworth Via Gloucester and the Oxley Highway. Stay at Tamworth overnight.

Day two we will travel to Nindigully via Barraba. Stay overnight at Nindigully Pub.

Day three, travel from Nindigully to Dubbo via Lighning Ridge, where we will stay the night. Return to Sydney on the Tuesday via Bathurst.

I know many people will not be able to get away for four days. As we are going to Nabiac, one option would be to join us for a day trip to Nabiac, returning to Sydney same day or going on to Tamworth for the overnight stay and returning on the Sunday.

The date is nearing. If you are a definite starter, please post up so numbers can be determined and accommodation considered.

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully Ham

Last edited by Ed on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Sounds interesting Ed.

What budget should allocate?

- petrol
- accomodation
- food
- etc

Tnx,
Mick
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm in Ed sounds like fun route to me bounce
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 am

Mick asked 'What budget should we allocate?'

Petrol

On my Uluru trip I averaged 18.91 km per litre. I always do more than this, sometimes up to 25 km per litre on long day trips. From Dubbo to Sydney I averaged 27 per litre, but it was downhill most of the time. With Uluru, extra luggage, much higher speeds as I had to keep pace with Andre etc contributed to the extra fuel cost. I can only assess my bike for fuel consumption, others will differ, so, averaging say 21 km per litre at an average cost of $1.30 per litre, I can expect to use about 95-100 litres on this 2,000 km trip. At $1.30 P/L I can expect to spend up to $130.00 on fuel, subject to fuel prices. As you know, I keep a spreadsheet of my ongoing fuel costs. This is when it is useful to keep such records. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know.

Accomodation

The accomodation at Nindigully is $40.00 per night per person If we stayed at average motels etc in Tamworth and Dubbo, expect to pay $80 per night per person. This will be cheaper if you share a room, camp or we go caravan parks.

Food

Depends how hungry you are. I'd be happy to buy the Nindigully Whopper and share it with others. Other costs include breakfasts, lunches, evening meals and energy snacks. Expect to pay $30/35 per day upwards. This doesn't include alcohol.

While I am here, here are some items to consider:

Essentials

Wet weather gear
Tinted/clear visor
Tyre repair kit
Compressor (I have)
Phone/camera chargers etc
Cameras
GPS if you have it
Extra SD cards
Maps (I will provide copies of route)
Personal wash items
Spare keys
Bike locks etc

Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:18 am

Thank you Ed, so top-top-top we are looking at 500$

150$ petrol
200$ accommodation
80$ food
rest is extras

Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:01 am

I'm in at least to Nindigully then I go East from there to the Gold Coast for a few days

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:41 pm

So that's Dave, Mick, Stew and myself from here. Any others?
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 pm

I will come with ultra-light budget (had to make new glasses and cost me lot!!!)

1. Tent accommodation for me + Cristina

2. Supermarket food

3. Water

What a Face
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Somehow i have been roped into going to a ball on the 25th so i am unable to attend

Unless i can find the wife a date Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 am

If you are worried about budget we are welcome to stay at my sisters place the first night for a BBQ and beer ( or the chinese at the bowlo which is within walking distance). they have a couple acres on the out skirts of Barraba. the place is like a museam. just the two of them - no kids. they are old bikers with lots of junk (apparently it is all very 'valuable') from the local area all over the property. there is plenty of room and hospitality - pretty sure all would enjoy it. let me know.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

I must add Barraba is another 100 ks so you would have to consider that. Anyway up to you guys. As said I am easy either way

Dave

Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Sounds like it could be fun Dave
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks Dave, I don't favour the additional K's on day one, and also miss out on Tamworth but would love to call in for coffee on the Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Sure no worries Ed.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:57 pm

I indicated to the pub at Nindigully we will have up to 10 persons. Recd the following reply to my booking enquiry.

Hi Ed, have booked all the rooms for you at this stage:

They consist of 2 rooms with a double bed in each, 1 room with 2 single beds, 1 room with 3 single beds & 1 room with 4 x bunk beds

The room costs are double rooms $40 a night each & each single bed $20 each per night.

Hope this will suit.

Thank you for your booking.
BURNSIE www.nindigully.com

Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 am

Can't wait bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 am

Wonderful trip planning (as always) Ed, but I cannot make this one unfortunately. We are leaving for Sydney on the Monday arvo to catch a flight to Fiji early Tuesday morning. I was thinking of trying to make Saturday and Sunday, but there will be plenty to organise around home before we head away for 10 days. I am working 12hr shifts for the four days leading up to that weekend so I need the couple of days to get organised.
So sorry to be missing this one. Sad I go weeks and weeks without a ride, then a good one comes along and I can't make it !! Bummer ! Crying or Very sad
Have fun, ride safe to all who can make it !

Ian
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:48 am

Ian, what about a saturday day pass for a trip to the Nabiac Bike Museum, returning same day.
Back to top Go down
Baiazid

Baiazid

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

I have a general list with things to check-out before a trip:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQEFUfgEf50xZGZkcnhtNGtfNmdwOXQ5Z2Q4&hl=en

Might be useful for some
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 pm

The Nindy trip is drawing close, and we need to confirm accommodation for Tamworth. Then we tackle the return leg.

Attendees so far are:

Ed (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Mick (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Cristina (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Rudy (Tamworth/Nindy only)
Norm (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Sue-Anne (Tamworth/Nindy & return)
Stew
Dave (Nindy)
Nathan (Tamworth only)
and possibly Matt (VFR & Kim)

I'm conscious of cost etc and have been searching for value.

How's this sound.

I have spoken with Philip from the Austin Tourist Park @ 581 Armidale Road, Tamworth.

He has 2 cabins available and the room configuration is:

1 x double bed
2 double bunks

There are 3 rooms (one for the DB and a room each for the double bunks).
Each cabin would take 6 persons in each.

Their website is:

http://austintouristpark.com.au/2726/Accommodation/Deluxe_Ensuite/

Cost.........wait for it. Assuming we have 10 ppl, the cost of the 2 cabins, each of them being a deluxe ensuite, with linen on all beds (extra $3.00 each) is $280.00 i.e. just $28.00 per person for the one night.

I have made a tentative booking for both cabins and want to confirm it with him tomorrow.

Last edited by Ed on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 am

Dave is not staying with the group at Tamworth as he has family in the area.

I have booked the accomodation at the Austin Tourist Park. There is a hotel next door to get a feed and a Caltex nearby to feed the bikes. I told them we will have either 7 or 9. Still $28.00 pp as a special deal. We may well have a room each at this stage.

Next project is accomodation for the return trip.

I believe Rudy and Dave are heading to Brisbane after Nindy. Are there any others not doing the return leg with us?

If we like the stay at Tamworth and the ride to get there via nabiac, we could make this a possible overnight trip/weekender for the future.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 am

Dave, are you staying at Barraba or Tamworth itself. So looking forward to this.

I thought instead of dining out at Tamworth, we could have a bbq and some beers at the place we are staying. Their pics show nice facilities plus it means we won't be drinking and riding home.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:47 am

Hi Ed. I am not sure yet however proabably Tamworth. For the route north we should consider going through Gunnedah , Boggabri , Narrabri no sense going through Barrabra as it out of the way. Any way we can firm this up on the day. We should make a point leaving on time on the Saturday though - this route to Tamworth is a great run however from experience it is about 8 -9 hours road time

cheers
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Guys and Gals have to keep this thread on the front burner and active.
Can someone please tell me the final outcome of the trip and meeting place etc. I am very easy (as the actress said to the bishop) whoops there goes all the actresses and catholics and protestants from this trip. I have not committed to accommodation as yet but do intend to travel the full distance wherever we go which ever way. Sooooo pls confirm the meeting place and time once more the more geriatric members of the now somewhat small riding group, May have lost most after my smartarce comments--- Gawd I am brave on this computer which does not necessarily carry thru in a face to face situ---
Cheers for now Len
As an after thought is there any objections if I tow a trailer as I intend to travel further North to Brisvaegas and beyond????
Do not be shy ---if there is a drama tell me face to face and not snigger behind my back ladies!!!
Cheers again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next