Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully

Go down 
+5
aj1249
Dave
stew066
Baiazid
Ed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 pm

For the record I had the following fuel use:

My distance travelled: 2,201 km (Berowra to home)
Average km per litre: 22.34
Average Litres per 100 km: 4.48
Actual fuel cost $139.04
Cost per km: .063 cents
Average cost per litre: $1.41

Also, bear in mind Dave and Len have travelled further north after Nindy, so they may well be still travelling.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:31 am

Well done guys.

Awesome..!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:38 am

Im back now. last saw Len at Dalby west of Toowoomba and lost Rudy a little before that. I am guessing they are OK however. I came back via the Pacific Hwy. The bike went well but really chewed the juice. I think I was getting about 14-15 k to the litre which is just around 6.5 litres to 100 ks. Fuel cost was around $230.00 all up. Covered around 2600 ks. The price you pay for 1500 cc's.
Great trip - look forward to the next one. Think I will take some spare fuel next time that being my biggest issue.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:11 am

Glad you are back safe. Great journey hey. That's a huge difference in fuel Dave between yours and the 'smaller bikes'. Do you really need 1500cc?. The stretch we took from Nindy through to Dubbo was long and uneventful, but between Dubbo, Mudgee and Lithgow it was an awesome road.

Could you pass on this link to Wendy and thank them for their hospitality. Thanks.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/Fasteddie57/2010NindigullyNabiacBikeMuseumRide#
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:44 am

Hey Ed, yes a big difference in fuel bearing in mind my bike is 14 years old is still carbie. If I was to seriously tour than this would not be the bike but for once or twice a year I love the extra grunt. thank you for the link,Wendy was thrilled to meet everyone.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Qakka

Qakka

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 am

Hi Guys
Talk about thick as two bricks----wondered why the site was so quiet. It is not the site neccesarily---it is the person working this thingy!!!
When I went into the Nindigully ride topic last time I did so by going straight to the forum and then back and deleted the email I was posted .
Therefore I was not sent any new notifications till I "read" the last one via the email.
Anyway--- I am back from the epic journey and have not got a clue about costs.
I believe I got 15-16 ks per litre and I am happy with this. I was pulling a trailer and as it turned out probably did not need to, as I was only able to erect the tent on one occasion--at Childers, but I did want to see how it towed over the variety of roads we travelled and I must say I am very pleased. Only towed behind the GTR1000 prior to this for any distances.
Left Dave or he left me at Dalby as he has said , and I made Childers that Monday night about 6pm. Tuesday I had a look around and then headed down to Brisvegas, and was only 20ks from my destination when I had to pull over under an overpass to get out of the lightning and thunderstorm. Was there about half an hour and made myself a coffee whilst waiting. Several others pulled over and they were in cars so it was pretty dangerous.
Stayed in Ashgrove Tuesday night and heading away abt 2.30 toward Sydneyon Wednesday, just drizzling off and on and in daylight was not too bad . About 9 pm I ended up pulling under an awning of a disused garage and pulling out the airbed and having a sleep to let the rain and night go. Looking back it was a shit of a night and I made a wrong decision trying to get to Sydney that evening with the rain . Should have got a cabin or pub before nightfall. I beleive there is no such thing as an semi anymore ----they are all at least two trailers long and not stopping for anything.. Pretty hairy and felt very unsafe with the rain and the trucks--going both ways .
Made it back to Sydney on the Thursday abt lunch after 3100 ks and looking forward to the next trip. Sorry if this is not the waffle you wanted to read abt the trip so if it is then just ignore it and do not read it .
Thanx Ed and cheers to all.
Len
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:32 am

Tks, didn't get to the about not having to read it till I read it.

It was great having you along and hope you consider it again for next year. Interesting reading about your further ride north. Given the choice I wouldn't ride at night and even that Sunday stretch to Nindy was a little hairy. No traffic at all, just the worry of a skippy or another flooded crossing or something.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 am

Hey Quakka, good to hear you are back safely. look forward to catching up on a day ride when the weather cheers up.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 am

Had a great time in Fiji with the family..... funny that over there they hand out info on conserving water due to the drought impacting the western side of the Islands while you guys battled rain and storms. We had 10 days without a drop of rain. Hope I can make your next adventure up that way (without the rain and dirt roads!!).
Glad you all had such a great time. Very sorry I missed it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully   Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday 25/Tuesday 28th Ride to Nindigully
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3