Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow

Go down 
+3
Verna
roddy27
Ed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed

Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 am

A few NSWR members are riding South on Sunday. Rudy and I are riding with them as far as Albion Park and we are visiting the Wings Over Illawarra 2011 Airshow. I can't say that it will be as good as the 2010 Air Show in Newcastle, but it looks promising.

Date: Sunday 27th February.
Meeting point: Heathcote McDonalds
Meeting Time: 9:00
Departure time: 9:30

Route: RNP at Waterfall, Seacliff bridge, Bulli Pass, then freeway down to Albion Park.

The air show website is http://www.woi.org.au/

■HARS
■Defence Force
■Temora Aviation Museum
■Charter aircraft
■RAN historic fligh
■Other aircraft
■Balloon display
Ground Displays
■Car clubs
■Bike clubs
■Historic farm machinery
■Military historic vehicles

Programme of events:

WOI 11 has a continuous program of ground and air events across the whole day.The Gates open at 0930 hrs and there will be continuous activities across the whole of the public time which finishes at 1530 hrs

Ground Displays

There will be an active display of car club vehicles in the Car Display Arena across the day with commentaries by knowledgeable car club enthusiasts

There will be an active display of bike club machines in the Bike Display Arena across the day with commentaries by knowledgeable bike club enthusiasts

There will be a continuous display of historic vintage (mainly steam operated) farm machinery provided an an 'all day running' basis provided by the Southern Highlands Vintage Farm Machinery Group

There will be static displays in the public area offered by groups such as :- The Royal Flying Doctor Service / The Bendigo Bank Aerial Patrol / The Scout Air Wing from Camden / St Johns' Ambulance service / District 9750 Rotary Clubs

There will be Council approved food stalls available throughout the WOI 11 display areas

There will be static Defence Force displays with selected RAAF and RAN fixed wing and helicopters available for public inspection, and displays from the Fleet Air Arm Museum and the Bankstown Aviation Museum

The HARS Hangars and aircraft will be open and available for public inspection

Flying Displays

Aircraft will be arriving as from early morning on the WOI day, and many aircraft will be parked and open for public inspection across the whole day. The Air Show program commences at 1100 hrs.

As dictated by weather, it may be wise to pack a pair of runners and shorts for comfort.

Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow WOI2011_poster_web
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 am

sounds like a good ride ed unfortunatly i forgot to check my rego and it has expired so this weekend is out
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am

No worries Rod, yep, that's important. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 am

Not for H and I either.
Unfortunately H was cut off by a bad driver who gave her about a car lengths space of notice.
She did avoid the driver (I have no idea how as I was following her and know I couldn't have managed it) but she did put the bike down. No breaks and only some road rash. Mending well but the bike is in for repair.
At any rate no group rides till she is back on her bike - which she is keen to do.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 am

Very sorry to hear that Verna, but all things considered, sounds like she was very lucky.

Saw a near smash myself today on the way to the gym. Young girl on a Scooter wearing nothing more than a t shirt, skirt and runners. She was almost taken out by a car changing lanes. Do they think they are invincible to injury because they are on a scooter. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Very very lucky. Good protective gear helped a great deal although she is re-thinking the wisdom of a 3/4 faced helmet.
Also I am so with you on the scooter thing. Just want to shake these people till they see sense.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 pm

So to hear that Verna hope all is good and she gets back on the bike Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:30 am

Verna sorry to hear about H's mishap. I hope she is feeling better and gets back up soon. I agree regarding scooter riders. I can guarantee they would only have to fall off once before considering safer gear.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://ddperrett@iprimus .com.au
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:44 pm

I guess that means no one is riding Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Not true. I am going way out west where the rain don't fall.
Hope you have a good and safe trip.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:57 am

I really would love to come, but I have been booked for a family duty.
Sad
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 pm

This ride was a month ago Haryy, you need to update your calander!!
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 am

get up to date harry geez
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow   Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 27th Feb -Wings Over Illawarra Airshow
Page 1 of 1