Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from Newcastle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cool classic

New member from Newcastle Empty
PostSubject: New member from Newcastle   New member from Newcastle EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 am

Hi to all members.
I have just bought a new vulcan 900 classic se and I am very happy with it and very lucky as it was one of the last few still available for sale in Australia.
I hope to do plenty of riding on it in the future.
Can anyone tell me where is a good place to purchase accessories for the vulcan, eg scissy bar.
I would also like to know how big a job it is to de baffle the original pipes and is it worth it.
Cheers Very Happy

Cool classic
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: New member from Newcastle   New member from Newcastle EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:57 am

Hello and welcome Coolio!
Why is it one of the last? Have they decided to stop making (or distributing) the 900 in some (or all) of its forms?
That would be crazy for such an awesome bike.

There are heaps of stuff you can spend (waste?) your money on for a 900.
With the exchange rate so good atm its almost always better to get stuff in from the US.

I have sent more than my fair share of money to http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/
There are places cheaper out there but they have a great website with plenty of info.
Back to top Go down
Verna

PostSubject: Re: New member from Newcastle   New member from Newcastle EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh and I cant speak from experience about debaffling the stock exhaust but I have very recently put on some cobra swepts (vulcan 900 custom).
These are much louder than the stock (which is almost dangerously quiet) and give a far deeper and more satisfying gurgle.
I am actually still coming to terms with the noise, which isnt too bad really, but leaving around six in the morning makes me wonder about the neighbours.
The aftermarket pipes are also much lighter and was put on by two chicks without much trouble so its pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Newcastle   New member from Newcastle Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Newcastle
Page 1 of 1