Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie from Newcastle NSW

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

Newbie from Newcastle NSW Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello evertyone!
My name is Ian and I live about 150k's north of most of you SVR devotees Very Happy I am 47yrs young and love to "cruise" along on the bike enjoying the scenery and the company. I'm not a speed freak, which is probably why I ride a VN and not the Ninja Laughing
From home to the end of the freeway is only 1.5hrs, so I hope that I can get down your way before too long and meet some new riding buddies Wink I ride a 2004 model VN1600 classic. No performance mods, but a set of K&N bags, National Cycles touring screen, sheep skin seat covers, Kuryaken grips, all packaged with an autocomm, GPS, UHF, and mp3 to keep me entertained on the longer trips. Very Happy
I'll post a few pics when I get around to using the camera! I ride mainly with the Ulysses groups up this way and take an active interest in their Forum. Love the idea of group for VN lovers! My next ride (when I save the $$) will most likely be the new Voyager: my lovely pillion likes the idea of the comfy seat.
Looking forward to being part of this site and getting to know you all!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Welcome to the site. Hope to catch up sometime.
Back to top Go down
MrKruser
Admin
MrKruser

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Ian, welcome to the club.

I haven't actually done any ride up north. So, I wouldn't mind to go where the sun is shinning.

Maybe we should organise a ride to Hunter Valley or Barrington Tops..... Oh no..... not in the winter.

The weather in Sydney will be no good for about a week and I have something on, on the 28, other than that, I am up for any ride.

See you very soon.
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:12 am

HI Ian,
Welcome to the site/club mate. cheers
Would like to see the pics of your bike when you get em.
Back to top Go down
aj1249

aj1249

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 pm

G'day Ian, welcome to the site mate,

I'm in Wyong so not too far away from ya

Aj
Back to top Go down
Pirtek888

Pirtek888

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Thank you for the welcome guys! No great joy up this way with the weather either. Has rained most of the past two weeks and forecast rain all this weekend and into next week.
I am off to the Granite Gnome Rally in Delvine (between Warwick and Stanthorpe in QLD) on the first weekend in July. Not much planned for the rest of that month, so any time later in July I would be free to catch up. Maybe see how this miserable weather develops over the next few weeks. I am sure we can plan an interesting route: perhaps even coastal up around Port Stephens. I can give a guided tour of Newcastle on the way through for those of you who don't know the place Very Happy
Maybe up from Sydney, via Mt White and George Downes drive to Wollombi. Then across to Dungog and back toward the coast and out to Port Stephens for lunch. Back via Newastle foreshore for the city and beaches tour (and drinks at the Brewery!). Then a quick trip down the freeway to Sydney!
Or, for the more adventurous, we could go further north on the Saturday and stay overnight at a pub around Hawkes Nest or Forster and come home Sunday. Plenty of nice spots up this way to entertain southern visitors cheers
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:17 am

Sounds like a plan Ian. The overnighter (with better weather) sounds good. Is the brewery you mean the one just on the foreshore. Nice place.

Let's try to develop this idea further.

Ed
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi Ian,
I would be interested in joining this one for sure, the overnighter sounds interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle NSW   Newbie from Newcastle NSW Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Newcastle NSW
Page 1 of 1