Go for rides and make new friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go for rides and make new friends

Sydney Vulcan Riders - Club Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mustang Day tripper seat.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

Mustang Day tripper seat. Empty
PostSubject: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:41 am

Hi Guys, This is my first of many questions here.
I own a 2007 Vulcan 900 Classic and want to do some longer rides soon.
I find the standard seat is nice and comfy for the first half hour,Then I start to fidgett around from there on until I stop for a few minutes. After I stop for a few minutes,Iam good to go for another half hour without numbness.
Does anyone have any experience with the Mustang daytripper seat?
If so,Would it be a good investment? Is it only good for shorter trips,Or would most people be able to sit in it all day?
Eventually,I want to get the Mustang vintage seat with backrest,But Iam on a budget at the moment and I can get the daytripper unused for $150.00.
Also,I would like to add a windscreen for the longer runs. Is there any reputable suppliers in Australia?
Regards Jason:D 
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Jason, my previous ride was a 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom. I now have a 2010 Yamaha Vstar 1300. Love it. On the VN I had (and have kept it) a Mustang two piece seat (Mustang code 76127).

I certainly recommend the Mustang seat.

Check http://www.mustangseats.com/Categories.aspx?varSearch=76127

Re windshields, don't go past the National Cycle brand. Check http://www.nationalcycle.com/

Also check their hand deflectors. I have one on the Vstar and they are great for keeping wind/rain from your hand. Hope to catch up soon.

Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks Ed,
I have been lurking on a few other forums and everything I read is good about the Mustang seats.
This bike was bought for me to enjoy and get some miles up.
Today,My Boss informed me that I have over 240 hours annual leave built up and I need to start taking some time off work.
I think it is pretty obvious what I would like to do with those annual leave hours.Very Happy 
After 3 weeks of owning this bike and about 1500k's It is really growing on me.
I was riding a 2000 ZX6r before this and that was a killer on the longer rides.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 pm

One point though, I find buying from outlets other than mustang direct to be cheaper. One site I use a bit is Cruiser Customising in the US. Worth a visit and they are always having discounted freight offers.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/?parameter=&gclid=CNL90pOMm7oCFYQhpQodF1gAxg
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks Ed, I will have a look there now.
I have seen a few of there videos and found myself droolng quite often .
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 am

Hi Ed, Are you still checking in here?
If your Mustang seat is still available,I'd love to buy it off you.
Regards Jason Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

i will let ed know your chasing him jason
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:49 am

Great.
Thanks for that. I have read nothing but good things about the mustang seats.
Regards Jason
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi, sorry I haven't been here. My older brother is at RNSH having heart valve replacement. Has been there 4 four weeks already and 3 ops with more to come. Have been busy with him.

I can be contacted on 0435143273 anytime. Happy to ride out to you one evening to accommodate you Jason. Thanks for your patience.
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Hi Ed,Iam sorry to read the news.
Hopefully he is back on his feet again in no time fighting fit.
Iam doing a ride to Brisbane in January so I took the plunge and bought one of the Mustang seats from a supplier in the USA. The seat is on its way very slowy. 10 days so far and it has done a lot of touring of the states. I hope to have it next week.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Ok Jason, I really do apologise for my tardiness. Safe trip.
Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

I can fully understand Ed. I hope things are looking up now.
This weekend I just did another 400km trip just downs to St Georges Basin and back.
Iam not sure if Iam starting to actually get used to the standard seat,Or if stopping every hour just for a 2 minute drink and walk around is working for me.
Either way,My Mustang is at Honululu at the moment and should be here soon.
Are the new Mustang seats ready to go for a long ride from new,Or do they need breaking in before going too far?
Regards Jason Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:49 am

what dates are you heading up to brisbane jason im thinking of doing the same trip
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 am

Unless things have changed Jason, you will need to remove a bracket from below the stock seat along with its bolts from and use them on the new seat. The seat is ready to go.

Back to top Go down
Jasonjetski

Jasonjetski

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 am

Hi Roddy,
Iam not too sure of the exact dates yet,But it is looking like it will be the middle of January. I still need to find out the exact days.
The new seat arrived on Monday and fits well.
It feels like a totally different bike now. I seem to sit a lot taller,But it is comfy.
Last night I took it for a quick ride up to Blaxland McDonalds or a test run.
I think I like it and hope to ride down to Sanctuary Point on the weekend.
Regards Jason Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
roddy27

roddy27

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:59 pm

glad your liking the new seat ed loved his one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang Day tripper seat.   Mustang Day tripper seat. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mustang Day tripper seat.
Page 1 of 1